1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-MAC Says "He's Tired" ... Blames Team mates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Mar 19, 2008.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Threads like these, and posters like you, are the reason why the GARM has turned into a cesspool.

I salute you...

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

That's right? I remember when they stuck the mike in his face and asked him how he felt. He said, "Man I'm tired".

Who blew this quote up and took it all out of context??

3. sm0d

sm0d Contributing Member

tmac got burned on defense quite a few times and he was slouching over on the court half the time. im a lifelong rockets fan and i was in attendance. from my observations, it seemed as if he wasnt giving a full 100%, the exception being that one play where he dove for the loose ball.

the sad truth is that hes very inconsistent when it comes to intensity and aggressiveness. the argument against this would be that "he was double-teamed" the whole game, but that is simply not true. they only double-teamed him on a handful of plays and then the celts quickly adjusted because he wasnt doing a damn thing.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

who else, but fran blineberry of the chron.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's not what coach collins said. he kept pointing out tmac was working too hard b/c they were extremely aggressive in their double teams and he said that every time tmac touched the ball. and he had a courtside seat.

tmac said after the game he was doubled everytime.

i don't know who to believe.

6. Asian Sensation

Amen.

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

8. Landlord Landry

in the fourth? when the game was already out of reach, and seemingly everyone quit?..........and tmac was still being doubled?

man, clutch fans are as quick to jump on as quick as they are to jump off.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You're really overestimating his abilities. He can't just will himself to the basket against Boston's defense. They were sending help, and if he didn't take the jumper he passed it to the next best option. It's up to the team to get a good shot. It's tough against Boston. They play a big lineup at PF/C, so you can't really go small against them. That means we needed to keep McGrady and Battier at SG/SF, and have just one PG. As a result, we only had 2 guys who were capable of creating a shot off the dribble. Against a team like Boston, it's going to be very difficult to score in that situation, when additionally you don't even have a post up option.

10. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

when did they miss open shots tonight? as far as i am concerned- it is TMAC's fault tonight and in LA game that they didn't get the open looks they should be getting.

12. bbjai

bbjai Member

hey?

did you post that during the win streak?

or did you just get on the T-mac bashing band wagon too?

if you answered no and yes to the following questions

stfu

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

Really uncalled for

14. Jd1

Jd1 Member

the loss finally came. The streak probably took a toll on the team since they had to work extra hard to compete night after night to keep the streak alive. the players already showed tiredness during the last 4-5 games.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

If by "seemingly everyone" you mean "just McGrady" then you're right.

Epic work on the pics Tonayyy. :D

17. bbjai

bbjai Member

Please explain to me how or why he needs to take it to the hole on a constant basis when he was getting double teamed on everything including the pick and roll. The only way he can get a 1 v 1 and drive on a consistent basis is if the man is afraid of doubling him because his team mates are hitting that open shot. You can't drive to the basket if its double and triple teams on nearly every posession you get. Thats how turnovers occur. Thats how he scored on a consistent basis during the streak when the didn't double him.
    I'd love to see you prove me wrong.

18. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

19. jajayao

jajayao Member

Good thing we won't have to hear all this Tmac/Rafer/anybody associated with the rockets bashing after we win tomorrow's game in New Orleans.

20. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Wow. TMac played 48 minutes against the Bobcats.

We won 22 in a row. First time a team has done that in 35 years.

Yall should be nothing short of banned.