1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac Retiring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rayrocket, Oct 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No you just hate that I state the truth.

Did I make those photos up?

Does Player A deserve anything Player did not earn?

Did Tinman make the Orlando Magic, Toronto Raptor and Houston Rockets fans boo Tmac?

What is his setback? please elaborate.

Is it my fault he's not getting signed. Did I whisper in Popovich's ear, don't sign Tmac cause his teenage fans in San Antonio are annoying?

2. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

lol, damn. Good to see the T-Mac hate is still alive and prevalant on Clutchfans :)

3. tinman

Supporting Member

So the Tracy McGrady fans are happy that he has more money than Vince Young.

So when Kobe is retired, will his fans revel in the fact he made more money than a NFL player who was recently in the news for financial problems?

or will Kobe fans revel in the fact he brought championships and gold medals and MVPs?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    who gives a fukk tinman, invent something new, it's getting really boring.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

obviously mcgrady fans do that's why they post such crap

I didn't make any of that stuff up, just look at the thread!

Tracy fans happy he's still rich and richer than other athletes (check)
    Tracy fans feeling sorry for him because he 'deserves to be on a winning team' (check)
    Tracy fans think he's some pious monk who doesn't party or gamble (Check))

I just proved all of them wrong. that's all.

Note how NO TRACY FAN has put out anything about his basketball accomplishments

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I doubt he will actually go broke

With that much money, you pretty much have to go full r****d with gambling, partying, baby mamas etc. to blow all of it.

I'm sure Tmac parties, but he has a wife and a family and doesn't really have a drinking or gambling problem I've heard of. Plus he has some smart investments so he should most likely be fine.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It wasn't really about the gambling/partying exactly, more about him living a solid life without drugs or bad stories. One wife, kids with her, solid businesses and doing a lot to help other people.

People are not "happy" he has more money than Young, they're just pointing out that he has no issues and knows how to handle money, this was in response to people saying he would go broke after his NBA career.

About the part with deserving a winning team, he had bad luck with Hill&Yao and always played for trash teams(I blame him for the Raptors saga though, him and Vince could've formed a great threat in the EC for years). You can blame him all you want for some of his actions and handling certain situations, but it's understandable people wish success upon him because of his injury history, talent and realizing how terrible the Rockets management was in providing a good supporting cast.

8. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Dear Tinman,

I don't know how to say this but here it is.

I am a fan of Tracy McGrady, as well as of the Houston Rockets. I don't understand the sin here. I don't berate anyone else their fandom or what they like. However you continue TRACK down Tracy threads.

We understand that you dislike Tracy, but if that is the case why continue to loiter around these threads that apparently have nothing to do with you.

That said I bow down to your 99'smanship. I respect your Rockets views and many times agree with them, but I have tired of having to sift through your personal disdain for Tracy. I kinda wish a Mod would say something to you about it but that won't happen.

Today I have found the ignore list and home it will work the way I want it to. I will miss reading what good things you do have to say... but errr otherwise I won't miss much else.

1 person likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude,
    You play for what? 15 years? It's not luck what happens. It's actually consistent year after year, team after team.

Look at a winner like Sam Cassell, every team he goes to, they turn around and become successful, and really bad organizations not like the Rockets. The Clippers, Bucks, and TWolves.

The converse is always true. Because they OVERVALUED McGrady and Yao, they didn't have a balance team.

He was the freaking highest paid player in the league dude, if he was as good as hyped, he would have taken the Rockets to the promise land.

But he wasn't a good leader, nor was he healthy and YES HEALTH counts. Superstars like LeBron, Kobe, etc keep themselves in great condition cause they know that's the single most important part of the game, to be on the court.

And let's not act like HE WASN'T HEALTHY. He was during the Mavericks and Jazz series and we still lost.

And I know most of the fans are newbs, but this an organization where HAKEEM AND MOSES are the PILLARS of Superstar. He just doesn't match their toughness and leadership. Those guys deserved everything they EARNED.

----
    So in his 5 1/2 years playing with the Rockets , he had his moments and brought excitement and potential to the team. But that's it.

You can't feel sorry for him, then say you are so happy he's made the most money any Rocket has ever made. You see the hypocrisy?

You can't say he's on LeBron's level, when LeBron took a much lesser talented Cavs team to the Finals.

You can't say he's on Kobe's level cause he a couple great runs in his career, it's about the whole career not a moment in time.

there is NO EXCEPTION for McGrady, there were TONS of talented players in NBA history that didn't live up to their potential, he's just one of them.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    This basically sums your problem up, you have the idiotic believe that McGrady could've carried the team to the WCF or even a title. This is plain moronic, the roster was pure garbage and an insult to great players like Yao&T-Mac.

You're delusional if you think one superstar can carry a team to a title at will.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

In the matrix way: What if i told you i agree with you :cool: :
    but i still decide to be a fan of him, don't chase us for our likes/dislikes. Care about yourself man!

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I obviously don't believe McGrady could carry a team anywhere, with 1 or 2 or 3 superstars. History proves me right. At one time, maybe.

He did have Yao. You keep forgetting the worst loses in first round Houston Rockets history .

Then when the Rockets got rid of him, all the TOFs went ballistic on the Rockets and Rick Adelman. When he had one good game with Knicks, you get a "HE's BACK!!!" then he goes DNP.

What do you think History will say about him?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

One poster said he never parties.
    Another poster says he goes to Vegas and parties alot.

Both of those posters are not me.

I just want the facts to be right. :)

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Do you believe Kobe would've won a title with the 2004-2008 Rockets roster and injury history of Yao? Just plain and simple answer it.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Why are you even mentioning championship? Tracy never came close and Kobe had several. Kobe was healthy and when he wasn't he was still damn good enough.

What about the injury history of Tracy McGrady? You think he'd last on any team vying for a championship?

As I told many McGrady fans, it's not about WHAT IF, it's WHAT DID.

You can ask me McGrady hypothetical questions if you want, cause it's never about what he REALLY did, it's a WHAT IF question.

What if Olajuwon won 2 championships? Oh wait. HE DID.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Yea, dodge the question like you always do when it counters your flawed logic.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I challenge any McGrady fan to ask a question without these words:

Would
    Could
    Should
    have
    Kobe
    Darfor
    If

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I'm not aiming at anyone here but this is a clear example of what some people don't understand. tinman just sees it from the perspective of the person who got the job done, you can sit here and tell me about McGrady's work ethic but you will never (including me) know the full extent of what really goes on and why some things happen the way they do.
    As Yung said switch out any other great player for him when he was in that position and tell me what would happen.
    I take it your fulfilled with lbj now because hes a winner and took his team to the ring, well shouldn't you hate on him because he couldn't do that in Cle to lift them?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

what's my logic? that I don't use hypothetical questions like a mcgrady fan to describe mcgrady's career.

describe his career dude.

20. Raven

Raven Member

It's the only thing Tracy ever worked for while he was here.