1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac Jersey Retirement?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wibie, Jun 21, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he was advised against it.
    And it didn't help him even though he lied again and again saying he was fine after the surgery.

remember when he was pissed off at Rick Adelman for giving him limited minutes?

then when he got to the Knicks he declared himself 'back', then he went down again, then he said the same bs in atlanta, detroit, and even china

just lying

2. caneks

caneks Rookie

pls do not s**t everywhere with that name.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Will never happen. He doesn't deserve it.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol I never called you TOH while you are out there trying to discredit him on any occasion you get

Just shut your hole, man.

Stop embarrasing yourself. I can name 3 Rockets that I liked way more than Tracy. During his tenure.

Yao, Scola, Landry, Alston, Battier alright then 5

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ZBoy while hating Tmac does not show up in every Tracy thread

I give him credit for that at least....and it is the first time I ever replied to his posts because I used to confuse him with Ziggy, another poster

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

TMac averaged 22 per game with the Rockets.
    Kevin Martin averaged 21 per game with the Rockets.

Neither one is a Rockets legend, nor deserves to have their jersey retired. Both were just visitors of our franchise (neither one is a top 10 Rockets all time scorer)

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TMAC 12th by Overall Points scored around 7000, 22.7 ppg to be exact

14th Maxwell
    15th Sampson
    16th Kenny
    19th Scola
    22th Drexler

Those behind him were all Houston franchise heroes and legends

8. tinman

Supporting Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

TOF EXPOSED!

Ralph Sampson hit on the biggest shots in the history of the Rockets
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yXOts9kaiLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ALL OF THOSE DUDES GOT PAST THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody hates Tmac,

People just think his fans are jealous suckers who don't know what real team fans are and what real superstars are suppose to do.

for example, a real franchise super star shouldn't be worshiped for not leading ANY TEAM to ZERO PLAYOFF SUCCESS.

And it's quite OBVIOUS, tmac fans like you disrespect true Rockets history by your worshipping of such low standards.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Please don't argue with them, it's pointless. Strength of roster and opponent are a mysterious concept to them. And a guy only throwing out PPG should've shown you he knows nothing about basketball or is very biased.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

WHAT EXACTLY AM I TRYING TO DISCREDIT???? THAT DUDE NEVER LED A ROCKETS TEAM TO A PLAYOFF SERIES VICTORY THEREFORE WHAT IS THERE TO DISCREDIT??? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT DISCREDIT MEANS???

12. tinman

Supporting Member

If you score a lot of points and your team loses, your team still loses.

Tmac , when you compare him to Houston Rockets heroes will never have the heart, work ethic or leadership of any one of them.

Even in HELL, LUCIFER wouldn't put Tmac in the same class as Moses Malone or Hakeem or Drexler

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Omg. Just lock this thread up already. Its only gong to divide the Clutchfans community and bring hatred.

Kill it!

14. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Divide what? He never won a playoff series.

Divide by ZERO = ZERO

Here's 2009 article about him:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...the-quitter-cant-handle-the-truth-rockets-can

16. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tuMm0a5amo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T-Ekfbt8aew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wQ8_sQZOKjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7qT-39KaGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

There's plenty of fans that became Rockets fans due to Tracy mcgrady. No doubt there is still a house divided about whether they are proud or not to have him ever put on the Rockets jersey.

Like I've said before in this thread. Great guy, great player, but he never did anything great.

It is what it is

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I also remember the first time he back from his injury to play (I think it was a pistons game) he was greeted by half the population of boos and half the population of cheers.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

There are plenty of people who purchased Jeremy Lin Rockets jerseys too.

They don't who Hakeem and Moses and Clutch City is either.

They couldn't find Toyota Center if they were standing in front of it.

don't give me this 'house divided' crap. If these people are in denial that he never led any rockets teams to any playoff success and he lied his ass off about his health, then they belong in a different type of house, one where there are no windows.

20. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

I like TMac more than most around here, but even I don't think he should have his jersey retired.

Success in playoffs and the regular season are a must to have jersey retirement. Not selling out your team helps too.

He was a brilliant player in the regular season and the 22 win streak sticks out to me, but nowhere near enough success in the playoffs. Same criteria for Yao.

Harden, otoh, already has an mvp (official rockets version), and more playoff success than tmac. That guy is on his way to having his jersey retired.