1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac-Gasol vs Kobe-Gasol

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RyanB, May 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Tobe

Tobe Member

I live in Germany too...watchin NBA in the 90s wasn´t a problem. But a american(don´t know where you from Brooksball) knows it best. The cliches approved.

1 person likes this.
  2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I'm not saying that you couldn't catch any NBA games but it wasn't common and catching regular season Rockets game was probably nearly if not entirely impossible. My guess is that there were only a few Rockets games on German TV over the entire decade, if that many.

Shoot, it was hard to catch out-of-market NBA games in America back then. It was relatively recently that NBA LP became an option. Before that, you could mostly just watch your local team or what the major sports networks would show on the weekends during the regular season.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Ha^^.... I have not posted anything since the last game of the season for the Rockets but I had to give you props on standing up to tinman Young-T.... I have been a fan of the Rockets since the painful yet memorable days of Steve Francis..... About T-Mac, its more about what could have been then what was..... At one point T-Mac could have been as good as Kobe, At one point he could have won a ring, At one point Yao and T-Mac had dynasty written all over.... But at one point eventually it ended leaving all of us who expected this with a big ???.... What happened? Really, I dont care anymore.... I am a Rockets fan but he is no longer a Rocket and was never what he could have been for the Rockets, the same can be said about Francis...... Mcgrady provided us with a few good seasons and gave us hope beyond the previous group with the franchise and cat...... I feel as if it was a step up and a part of whats to come.... Lets see if Morey can now make this team even better....

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hahaha, you got read first pal.

I was responding to this quote

then you responded to mine.

so i had to correct you
    As you see, you did prove that Tmac fans respond to the word "Kobe". it sets off a trigger in them.

It doesn't matter if you are from Germany and you like the Rockets because of DoubleDribble on the NES. Any person who is considered a Tmac fan responds to that word.

"Kobe".

#44 tinman, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  5. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Just wondering do U have to be a true Houston Rockets fan

U must claim that u watch the rockets since 1994
    Hate T-Mac
    Be from Houston

International fans suffer alot when they watch the rockets
    Anytime they broadcast the rockets I have to wakeup at 3-5 Am sometimes I have school the next day
    And I only catch 20-35 games a year and the rest of what I catch is thanks to R2K ..

6. tinman

Supporting Member

International fan or not, as mentioned before, excuses kept flying out on why T-mac didn't win and why the word "Kobe" creates such chaos for them.

Were we not favored to beat the Jazz during JVG's last playoff series?

you know had home court advantage, playing game 7 at home?

7. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Yes, it is really T-Mac's fault (who played incredibly) that Boozer abused and destroyed Yao Ming in rebounding despite being a foot shorter.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

once again, not the question.

we had home court advantage, both of our stars were healthy.
    were we the "favorites" in that series?

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I´m not just a T-Mac fan, and i responded cause your post was full of bullish tryin to make fun of people defending him while you had no arguments, just pure hate.
    And tell me why do you blame T-Mac for the playoff-exits when he was the best player and the rest of the squad didn´t step up? One Player alone can´t carry a team, you should know that. Making him responsible for that makes no sense.

10. Tobe

Tobe Member

thats right...

11. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Wow, can you guys just chill out?

Let's get back on topic here.

If it was like '04-'05 McGrady with this year's version of Gasol (or last years, even), then they probably would have won it.

But any other year, probably not.

12. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Just look at Carter - TMac's cousin, you should know it's not all about talents.

I assume many Carter fans would argue that -

You replace Piece with Carter, or replace Allan with Carter, Boston will be the same or even better.

13. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

LOL, T-Mac fans can be annoying but people like you are just lame.

14. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

I smell a Kobe Fanboy.

You keep contradicting yourself. You've always said that team basketball wins championships. How can two men win a championship?

If you take away all the big shots Fisher hit for the Lakers, Kobe will be ringless and it's a fact.

By your last sentence, are you blaming T-Mac for not being the MVP? ROFL.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes and speaking about his quote, the way tinman "argues" and writes is so hilarious that he should never doubt anyone's intelligence, except his own.

16. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

LOL, you really are a child.

Not getting the response you want, and you start talking to Brooksball because you know he will approve your comment.

17. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Why does getting paid well mean you are not being treated badly? Your logic is flawed.

If I tip 30% in restaurants, does that mean I can slap the waitress around?

18. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Really? Is that how it happened? Someone is still living in his own little world.

You responded to this
    saying
    You picked on Yung-T for saying "You always forget to mention that the teams t-mac played on were never favorites in a playoff-series"

but you have flaws in your own posts. Did T-Mac really didn't do squat?

VBG was simply talking about how talented T-Mac was but threw it away with his poor work ethics. Hence the word "PRIME" T-Mac.

Yet, you have the change the topic about how ignorant T-Mac fans are.

The way I see it, you just way more annoying than the T-Mac fanboys. At least they are only stupid when it comes to T-Mac. But you are just plain stupid.

19. Prince

Prince Member

WHO THE HELL IS TMAC???

20. tinman

Supporting Member

my last sentence means that he was never at the same level as the MVP.

Yeah it's a team sport, of course, but greatness is earned not formulated in a bunch of what if scenarios.