1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac-Gasol vs Kobe-Gasol

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RyanB, May 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I´m 20 in July, but i´ve watched the Rockets since being a little child. The Rockets were my favourite team because i really liked the players and the fighting mentality of this franchise. I supported them my whole life.

You can watch NBA in nearly every country in the world and your comment makes it obvious that you have a really ignorant and narrow-minded mentality. Being from a foreign country doesn´t mean I don´t get in touch with your culture. The Volkswagen comment is just pathetic, did you drop out of highschool or are you just a little redneck that hates europe and everything related to it?

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I was actually posting on the previous page while you made this post.

I found this old post of your's: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4421191&postcount=133

That's not really waaay before Yao at least not how I would interpret the use of the word "waaay."

Which reason is it? Did you become a fan because of a video game or because of the players and the fighting mentality of the franchise?

Also, how did you watch Rockets games from Germany back in the late 90s?

1 person likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because of that game i came to watch NBA and became a fan of that team, I won´t deny that and it doesn´t mean i didn´t develop a strong relationship with that team, although the first contact may seem hilarious.
    Germany broadcasted many NBA games in the 90s and therefore it was not hard to watch NBA on tv.
    Nowadays it only gets broadcasted in pay-tv, so I have to watch the games via internet streams at like 3am or later.
    So overall yeah, the reason for being a fan might not be the greatest, but I watched the documentaries about the previous Rockets-teams back wit Clyde and Hakeem, so I may be a fan for only 13 years, but that´s a big part of my life and I broadened my mind by informing and watching the history of this franchise.

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I have family that has lived in Koln since the 80s. I don't think they had much accessibility to NBA games in the 90s.

Whatever, I just get the sense that lot of people around here overstate how long they've been Rockets fans.

I moved to Houston in 2002 and started following the team shortly after that so I'm by no means on old school fan and have never claimed to be one. I grew up near Steve Francis in Maryland and am a Terps fan so that was part of what triggered my initial interest in the team.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don´t overstate it, it´s since 97 and you can ask them, NBA was big in 90s Germany. My problem with many people here is that they can´t face facts, no one can deny that Yao and T-Mac were the only reliable players on our team, the playoffs have shown that. The thing i hate with people like tinman is, that they won´t listen to you when you haven´t been a rockets fan since the 80s.
    Yea I´m young, but that doesn´t mean I can be a fan of this franchise.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I see the tmac troll/spurned lover is at it again. The dude's already out of the team yet you just can't seem to let him go eh? :rolleyes:

What a great German joke quip! I'm definitely in awe of your razor sharp wit....not.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe you didn't see the same tracy mcgrady as me. I saw a guy who made 25 million dollars who said he was 'back' and failed to prove that he was telling the truth.

maybe you didn't see that during the entire tracy era, the only time we ever advanced was when he didn't play.

and you can ask anybody in europe, kobe > tracy. it's just a fact.

yao is just as injury prone as tracy, but never has he doubted the coaching staff or team.

but let's not get off topic.

Tracy (any period) plus Gasol = first round exit. Remember Gasol was a Grizzly and he kept losing in the first round.

We do know that Gasol plus Kobe = championship.

Go back and watch the Rockets history tape again, we NEVER NEEDED a scoring champion, we only needed a MVP.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That´s because the team really grew in his absence and guys like Brooks or Scola developed a whole new individual level. Who didn´t miss McGrady in close games, when Rockets struggled to score in 4th quarters?

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Brooksball,

my bad, he was watching a different Tracy McGrady than we were.

this is what he was watching

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XtmfkZSFEnA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XtmfkZSFEnA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

this is what we were watching

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PKggO62YPs4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PKggO62YPs4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10. tinman

Supporting Member

so why was he traded and why did he want to leave Houston?

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you would´ve read my replies to him, you wouldn´t have said that. Your problem really is not listening and changing everything til you like it.
    And no one denied that McGrady fell off and can´t compete since 08/09. Step your argumentation-game up man.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Post #10. Freaking hilarious

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He was traded because he told the media about his surgery before the coaching staff and because he said that he´s in perfect shape, when Adelman still tried to figure out his role with the team. T-Mac ultimately left because he wanted to have more minutes, maybe didn´t realize his decreased effictiveness,and felt badly treated by the organization.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

:grin:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1DBOR_NGrVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1DBOR_NGrVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

tinman, did you even read what i´ve said in reply to brooks?
    I´m starting to think you really dropped out of high school.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

badly treated by the same organization that pays him 25 million a year?

the same organization where the coach lets him play 7 minutes because he knows that microfracture surgery is tough to come back from?

the same coach who coached chris webber who had the same surgery?

what happened when he got more minutes in new york?

he told the media he was in perfect shape and he wasn't, does that mean he was lying?

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you could read, you would realize that I said "he felt" or "he thought", I´mnot supportin how he acted.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you can think whatever you want. the SNES was a great system.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

ok, let's look at why you originally got mad. I responded to someone who felt Tmac > Kobe.

The correct answer is Kobe > Tmac.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Your thoughts have no logic, you can´t read what people post here,
    you don´t reply to logical statements or you twist them up because you
    didn´t understand them, you fail to realize that young people can really be a fan of a franchise, not just of a superstar. That joke about Germany makes me think of a silly redneck that doesn´t know anything about things outside of the USA. You misinterpret what I´ve said about T-Mac leaving the team, i clearly stated his own opinion. Then you realize you made a mistake, instead of admitting that, you saying ish like I only see NBA in video games, when I clearly explained the situation.
    Not knowing how to solve the discussion, you go back by
    plainly saying "Kobe>T-Mac".
    I really wanna know, did you go to university/college?
    I can´t see an intelligent/ broadminded person posting that garbage.