1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac First Practice in China

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crossover, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Rocket Booster

I should correct it that Arenas' team went 10-22, not 14-22.

2. sinobball

sinobball Member

3. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Even though a people here are bashing him and his game, he knows how to prioritise amidst another subpar season. Time to rest and compete another day.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Meanwhile in Houston.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wjo59pnySa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. sinobball

sinobball Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zoIti2HRJ6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

Pretty sure he is doing it for the ego and hero worshipping that comes from it. Here is the funny part: I bet you good money Kobe will play in China onces he retires from the NBA as well. I am guessing it is not the $1 million salary that he is after, it is probably the chance to capitalize on people in China knowing him from the Yao days and I heard him and Yao were still in touch and are good friends, so he can make some decent money from commercials and stuff if he manages to play well there and capture a good amount of the Chinese basketball audience/money in China (the money-making potential in other words far exceeds the promise of a $1 million salary)

I would do it honestly if I were him just for the accolades and ego boosting that comes from being treated like a rockstar in China. I remember Michael Jackson used to do tours overseas all the time in the twilight of his career because while Americans could not stand the guy for the most part, he was nothing less than a God every where else. And International money is still money ;)

7. Rocket Booster

2012-13 Chinese Basketball Association awards.

All-CBA Team:

PG Stephon Marbury (USA)
    SG Quincy Douby (USA)
    SF Zhu Fangyu (China)
    PF Zaid Abbas (Jordan)
    C Yi Jianlian (China)

CBA Season MVP:

Yi Jianlian (China)

CBA Finals MVP:

Yi Jianlian (China)

Mcgrady and Arenas didn't even make the best five selection.

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

He's making money still...hell, if they continue to pay him why not keep playing? There can't be much shame if he's making millions still (with salary and endorsements, etc). His body will only hold up for so long...might as well get all he can out of it.

9. ngazi

ngazi Member

Since when did Yi play C?

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

man he gotta do the stare down taunt after every freakin dunks... act like u done it before tracy.

11. Rocket Booster

Since he returned to China.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Van chancellor commentates on Chinese games. Sweet!