1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac "Anybody can win a championship, Everybody can't get in the hall of fame"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Is T-mac right?

1. No he's not right, I'm with Tinman

81 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Yes he's right, I'm with swyyyguy

111 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, I understand .

If you had the power you would go back in time and put a loaded roster for the purpose of McGrady advancing in the playoffs instead of the purpose of the Rockets advancing.

They did advance without McGrady. That team had Ron Artest. Not a better offensive player than Tmac, but a better LEADER .

don grahamleone and Patience like this.
  2. OTMax

OTMax Member

No, you know that is not the point. Blowing it way out of proportion, actually very similar to ESPN and all of them. I simply stated that star players carry the team on their backs and they come up when needed in the play-offs to win games. Tracy performed, but never lead any team the way you expect HOF guys to do. At least, that's my criteria and should be the criteria for star players. Tracy was great, but not a leader and not HOF worthy.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah the same Artest who saw Kobe, fought Kobe, but once we were defeated, packed his things and went to join and hug his nuts...... and changed his name......

Artest was gone and fought for the Lake show, fake show and won a title. Not with us.

MoonBus and DudeWah like this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac made it to the Hall of Fame so nobody can deny him that.

However he never made it out of the first round of the playoffs with any team, with Yao and with Vince Carter while he was a starter .
    The lack of leadership shows when the Rockets were playing the Lakers in the playoffs and he was not with the team and picking the Lakers to win on a public radio show.

When Yao was hurt, he was always there with the team in a suit. He always supported his teammates.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion and solely responded to your statement.

You said both players performed, but only Hakeem could carry a team. Of course this statement only works when the talent level and performances of the whole roster are comparable, which they were absolutely not.

Not sure why you're saying I'm misquoting you or speaking out of context. Your statement directly implies that both had the same chance.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes.
    Rockets win.
    [​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks for the same kindergarten no-answer without any substance, for the 10th year in a row.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Kindergarteners know that Tmac never led the Rockets to a playoff series victory.

Go ahead, ask them.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

You never face the TOFs before on this board.
    They are like Lin Fans except it's Tracy McGrady.
    Same thing, their idol can never do wrong, it's everyone else's fault.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kindergarteners can look at basic boxscores and are able to tell the difference between a teammate going 1-10 or above 50%, something you apparently are not able to.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Well hindsight , according to you put Tmac on the worst teams of all time.

Maybe if he never joined the Rockets, we won't have posters joining this board who love him so much.
    Nobody joined this board for Steve Francis, I can tell you that.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is not even remotely an answer to my post, nice.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yes, but it's about his HOF status and I'm simply trying to make you understand that HOF type players carry their teams in my opinion. Again, in my opinion. I never implied or said rosters were similar, so that's why you took it out of context. Hope you get what I'm saying.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

DeMarcus Cousins is a great player too, he might join the Hall of Fame with no playoff series win with Tmac.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I can start a thread if you'd like to participate.

If Tmac never joined the Rockets, I would :

a. never join Clutchfans
    b. join Clutchfans

I'll make the poll public? interested?

Or maybe a simpler poll.

Did Tmac lead the Rockets out of the first round?

1. yes
    2. no

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm trying to be objective, otherwise there's no point in debating this kind of topic.

"HOF type players carry their teams" is a logical fallacy, as an individual only has a certain degree of impact in a team sport.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks for the autistic answer that has nothing to with the topic.

Plus at one point even you should realize that there are no McGrady only fans on this board, otherwise they'd all have left years ago and wouldn't follow the team.
    But I guess the definition of "only" isn't part of your vocabulary yet, maybe it will once you reach first grade.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Put Tmac on the MonStars vs Michael Jordan in Space Jam

who wins?

You must really love placing Tracy Mcgrady in situations that never was real.

Make role playing game with Tracy McGrady, World of TmacCraft

Tmac can be your hero and if his clan sucks , you unjoin it .

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Certain posters are b****ing about the Rockets' rosters in the mid-2000s as if T-Mac was only surrounded by Rick Brunsons. T-Mac had an All NBA center in Yao, plus very competent role players like Shane Battier. Maybe they weren't the 2017 Warriors, but they had enough talent to at least win a playoff series.

don grahamleone, Zboy and tinman like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Thank God Morey dumped Tmac. He realized he wanted the Rockets to advance in the playoffs or he would get fired.