1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac and Landry for #5 pick and bad contracts...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragonz, Jun 23, 2009.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

??? But they DO have to the 5th pick! That's why the trade sucks! They paid the 6th pick and didn't get rid of any of their massive contracts! According to Worzel their savings only amount to 2.5 million dollars.

"The Washington Wizards have agreed in principle to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye(notes) and Mike Miller(notes) for Etan Thomas(notes), Oleksiy Pecherov(notes) and Darius Songaila and the fifth pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports."
    -Adrian Wogohokhjvoknhasky

2. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Yeah they traded the #5 pick to Minny.

So they're free. Since they're not drafting at 5 they don't have to pay whoever it was they were going to draft.

They unloaded bad contracts and took none back as both Miller and Foye comes off the books after this season.

The bottom line is, they've added depth. Foye or Mike Miller can be the starting SG.

Now they're free to dangle Butler for Amare.

Why trade for a TMac for who knows when he'll be back

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

never mind. I am tired. I forgot that the 5th pick is being given away by the wizards.

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

With Gilbert out all year last season, I doubt they want Mcgrady.

5. worzel gummidge

It would be to save money. They're going to be $7-8M over LT.

Unforunately, judging from the move they made, they still want to win.

T-Mac for Grizzlies #2 pick
    [​IMG]
    T-Mac for Wiz #5 pick
    [​IMG]

Maybe Petrie will lick a toad and then call up to offer Kevin Martin for T-Mac...

6. blender

blender Member

I think you've probably read the same info about Memphis as I did, and I believe the source didn't specify who did the offering and who the rejecting. My guess is Memphis wanted more for the #2.

You're right about the ESPN report though. Their wording is ambiguous.

Anyway, everything's speculation at this point. If you just go by Morey's words, they're not in any trade talks involving McGrady and are just waiting for him to return from his injury. So everything here is just for our amusement.

7. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

the wizards are a contender if arenas is healthy... why would they want to trade away their main pieces

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah I probably did. I guess its not safe to assume but I did just that based on what the article said and it sounded like we rejected it, but you're right we dont know who did the rejecting. As I said in another thread, Rockets stand pat. They attempt to aquire a pick but nothing comes out of it.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

WTF Stupid Wizards they need to take 6 pick away from the timberwolves in this trade!!!!
    or we have no chance of getting rubio......... :(

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I think getting Rubio is all but dead even if there was ever a chance. 4 to Sacramento or the more likely scenario, which there is a good chance that happens, is Minnesota offers the 5th and 6th pick to Memphis for the 2nd pick.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

man I wake up from bed at 2 in the afternoon and I see this piece of awesome rumor, f@#@# amazing!

offseason is awesome, seriously

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

OK BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS RUMOR IS OFFICIALLY DEAD!!! (TWO MINS AFTER I SAW IT)

Wizards Get Foye And Miller For 5th Pick

13. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Keep Tmac and Landry. If getting the 5th pick and bad contracts are whats coming back then stick to what the team already has. They would be well off remaining as is. Morey has something up his sleeve. He probably has a deal that would be a question mark for a lot but in the end would actually be beneficial to the team long term.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: I was wrong on this but according to Ric Bucher, Minnesota would offer their 5th and 18th pick for Memphis' 2nd but not their 5th and 6th.