1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac and Landry for #5 pick and bad contracts...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragonz, Jun 23, 2009.

1. herro

herro Member

the 5th pick would be nice...

you gotta just sit there crossing your fingers hoping Harden and/or Tyreke Evans slips to 5.

that would be epic.

2. dragonz

dragonz Member

First time was the charm, remember?
    after that, b***h just getting older and uglier everyday

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh yeah, that is true haha.

4. dexkk

dexkk Member

Not only are you giving up Tmac in his contract year but you also have to give up Carl Landry for basically a #5 pick. Not worth it. Screw those bad contracts, we'll have to waive them anyways because we won't have enough roster space. I'd rather let Tmac expire in 2010 and have capspace than take on bad contracts for a #5 pick in a weak draft.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

VERY WEAK draft

6. hanlong

hanlong Member

i think the rockets won't finalize a trade for #5 pick until #4 is picked, they will do a draft day trade at that moment depending on what players are available...

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I reckon Jordan Hill is the real deal though.

He's projected to go #5

McGrady and Barry for #5 (Hill); Thomas, James and Haywood works

That actually saves us a few million and gives us an oversized, shotblocking PF to play alongside Ming and Scola.

If that happened we would have to be looking to make some other moves too, but I can certainly think of worse backup Cs than Brendan Haywood.

Brooks/ Lowry/ James
    ?? / Wafer
    Battier/ White
    Scola/ Hill/ Landry/ Hayes/ Dorsey/ Thomas/ Cook
    Ming/ Haywood

Obviously we'd have to move a PF for something in the SG/SF department - Landry would be the obvious bait I guess.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

What about Ron Artest at 2 guard ?... :confused:

9. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

the draft is very weak outside of the Pg's... if they are going for a pg then it makes sense that they are going that high... no one has said that the pg's of this draft are weak.... just the draft beyond the pg's

10. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Is there any truth to this rumor? I read somewhere a radio show here was dicussing this possible scenario:

T-mac and Landry for Jrich and Amare.

We'd have a line-up of:
    Brooks
    Richardson
    Artest
    Stoudamire
    Yao

11. zack15432

zack15432 Member

The only way i would tratd T-Mac and Landry for the #5 pick is if we get Jamison and a back up center like Andre Blatch since we really need a back up C. they would also have to throw in MJ to make salaries work.

This trade costs them 5 million this year but in the long run saves them 29 million.

Why the Rox do this
    this team proved that they dont need McGrady to achieve great things. The #5 pick should net us a really good prospect that could be an asset this year or next, and the trade does not weaken us. trading landry is overcome by Jamisons acquisition, who i think would be perfect next to Yao. and Blatch solves our backup C problem.

Why Washington does this
    They are one of the teams who is having significant financial trouble and this trade would save them almost 30 mill. With the trade of jamison they will drop 33 million off the books for the smmer of 2010-11. there have been rumblings that they are not happy with the $ they gave jamison, so they save on that, and they have a bunch of C's so getting rid of would not be a problem. That leaves the #5 pick which would be had as a thank you for saving the team nearly 30 million.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Very, very intriguing deal. Did you hear it on radio or read it on a website?

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'd love this move.

14. Landlord Landry

cool! then we could have an injury prone starting center, with an injury prone back up center.

if caron butler isn't in the deal.......pass.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Good point!

I figured we'd have to re-sign him first (but I guess I listed Wafer and same applies there!)

16. worzel gummidge

With so many teams trying to trade up. All this talk about it being a weak draft is starting to sound like a smokescreen.

If a GM has a pick below 5 or no picks at all it benefits them to say the draft is weak if they're trying to trade up/in.

17. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

We can't get the #5 pick now. Just traded. -_-

18. worzel gummidge

If it's not worth it, why would Morey offer it? It doesn't matter now anyway, the Wiz turned down T-Mac.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/06/23/wizards.timberwolves.trade/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Wizards trade No. 5 pick to Timberwolves
    By Ian Thomsen, SI.com
    The Wizards and Timberwolves have agreed in principle to a trade involving Washington's No. 5 pick in Thursday's draft, a league source told SI.com.

The Wizards will receive Randy Foye and Mike Miller while the Timberwolves will get the No. 5 pick, Etan Thomas, Darius Songaila and Oleksiy Pecherov.

The trade leaves Minnesota with the Nos. 5 and 6 picks in the lotter

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

I think 610 was talking about it.