1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Switched to Comcast bc of CSN but now I've had it!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2k8, Jan 20, 2014.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I was a happy customer of direct TV until the CSN debacle took place, then I switched to comcast out of desperation but I'm at the point now where I've had it with them. I've had to call an average of like once every 3 - 4 days for the past 2 months with issues ranging from

- Receivers being deactivated
    - Incorrect billing
    - Incorrect package being billed for
    - Them charging me a lease fee for a modem that I own

I've literally called in probably 15 times about this modem that I own and still comcast has it showing up as their property therefore they are charging me a lease fee. I spoke to a rep today who said she has resolved it and offered me a new promotional rate. I accepted only to get a order confirmation with a rate close to double in addition to charging me pro-rated amount for this current billing period which I already paid in full!

I love the Rockets man and it's going to be hard to not be able to watch them but this is too stressful dealing with comcast, it's become a part time job now for me to call those fools and get transferred to some incompetent agent in the Philippines. I've endured so much just so I can hang on to these Rocket games but damn, I can only take so much!!!

Sorry I just need to vent, tomorrow I plan on calling those idiots and cancelling, they better not tell me I need to return my modem because I have the receipt and paid for that modem with my hard earned money!!

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's why most of us who don't get CSN didn't switch. We had Comcast before. We know it sucks. We don't want to put up with the headache, even if that means missing the Rockets.

Comcast would repeatedly come and cut my cable thinking I was stealing it. I'd have to call and wait for them to send somebody out to reconnect it. They'd always say that they've marked it so that if the next guy sees it, he'll know it's legit and I'm not stealing cable. Then 2 or 3 months later they'd come and cut the cable again.

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Before this happened, I had comcast for about 2 years in the past and even though had service issues, never had this amount of problems so making the switch wasn't such a big deal but now i'm understanding why people are waiting it out.

It's going to be so hard to not watch the Rockets though. Are there any reliable streams on the internet? Otherwise I'm just considering downloading the games the day after and watching them but that means staying away from media for 1 -2 days until I get a chance to watch the games, bc I don't want to watch knowing what the score is going to be.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Ballstreams.com

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Please can anyone give me an idea of the customer service at Uverse? I've had them in the past but only for short stints like 6 months.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

i would go to the store on westheimer or the store near you to figure it out. easier than phone.

7. New Generation

I've had my own share of headaches with Comcast, but after I got through the initial week of stress, it isn't THAT bad. I do have sudden spikes of insane lag while I'm gaming, but 30 minutes of rageing doesn't warrant a service transfer in my eyes. Not yet, at least.

8. Andrew Wiggins

My speeds used to be 80 MB/s after they boosted their speeds, but recently it dropped down to ~55 MB/s. Those bastards. My internet kept cutting for 15-25 seconds constantly so I unplugged the modem overnight and when I plugged it back in the next morning it was slower. It still lags/cuts off but not as frequently.

Damn I hate them. Save us Google.

I agree. I try to avoid using them as much as possible. It takes forever to get a representative these days and Comcast has some of the worst (not all of them). I have them for internet because they are still the fastest in my area. I would go with AT&T (the lesser of the two evils), but they are still very slow in my area.

I just received a $12 charge for a box to return the receiver I never plugged in. The guy told me it would be free, and I told him I still had it in the original box and only needed a return label. He found a way to charge me $12 for a freakin' empty box with a return label inside.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

They were pretty awesome to me. I always kept hustling them to not pay leasing fees on two receivers (one being the wireless one) and getting some free HD. Plus I got a pretty good deal on their TV, internet and phone. It's not as bad ass deal as I think LonghornFan got, but I was happy. I think I was at 114.99 for 200 channels, 18 mbps and unlimited phone usage.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

From my experience, customer service at U-Verse is very good. When I had Comcast a few years ago, it was trash. Very easy to tell which one cared about my keeping me a customer.

It wasn't incompetence on the part of Comcast, they were just very unresponsive when service issues happened. The times I've needed them to come out, U-Verse has been very snappy, which is surprising for a company like AT&T.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am just going to tell you right now that this battle will go on till the bitter end. I had the same problem, except those idiots thought I had two modems, my own and one of theirs. They tried charging me their idiotic leasing fee but I dropped the hammer on those fools.

Once I canceled, they kept annoying me about the idiotic modem after I told them multiple times that I didn't have one of theirs. I even told them to look at their records since they never sent me one because I installed everything myself. Eventually, they came to pick up their junk (the tv receivers) since I made it difficult on them to get their **** back and they still called me at work (since I left all their crap in my porch) asking me about the stupid modem.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah, I forgot, I remember calling their rep who transferred me to a manager and I told her, "If you don't give me my money back because you still think I have your modem then know I will dispute my everything with my credit card. We do this the easy way and you send me my $120+ that you owe me or I will take action myself." After that they sent me a check and never bothered me again.

It makes my blood boil just having to talk about my experiences with this POS company. :mad::mad:

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

There is many forums online where people complain about having the same issue, them charging a lease fee for modem the customer owns. I've gone through 2 months now of insane amount of issues with those fools. I'm so so so fed up with it, everyone phone call I get off the phone yelling and cussing.

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

Night and day difference.... Miles better than Comcast... not even close...

15. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I must be one of the rare customers who can't really complain about comcast. I rarely have issues. I can't even remember the last time I had to call customer service. It's been many years.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man the last few months with my internet has been ****.
    It would drop like every ten minutes and have to wait about five minutes for it to come back up or power it off/unplug it and plug it back in.

I changed out the modem hoping it would resolve it and it surprisingly did better but still has some dropsies. But tonight, it was surprisingly going strong.

Some of their hd channels don't show, which I should get around to seeing what's up.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

They are excellent and you actually speak to people state side.

18. dragician

dragician Member

BallStreams.com

19. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I've had Comcast since about August. I've dealt with their CS about 3 times, but it has always been a decent experience. I haven't regretted my switch (yet). However, once CSN-H is available on u-verse or DirecTV, I am switching back.

20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Comcast is terrible. Watch the Rockets' games another way. Every TV service provider blows, but they're easily the worst.