1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swearinger Gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TMAC3, May 11, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He threw a temper tantrum? Gee I missed that.

And I guess the Colts liked something about him to give him a big contract.

Another thread down the tubes...

2. conquistador#11

it's never handled well. aaron glenn was let go in the same fashion and had a lot of bitter things to say while having another good year with bill parcels in dallas. Now he is always ra ra houston next to bob mcnair.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, they liked him so much they spent their 2nd pick in the draft on a WR despite having a really terrible defense.....

Anyway, if you don't want threads to go down the tubes, don't make it happen.

4. Mr. Clutch

We liked nix and Clowney so much we drafted and signed guys at their position.

We're so happy with our WRs without Andre that we've acquired like 5 dudes just hoping anyone sticks.

Your argument is silly.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not the same thing at all, but I don't expect much more than this from you when it comes to talking about Dre. Let's get back on topic because this discussion is going nowhere and frankly is irrelevant to the current team.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

This thread is about Swearinger, NOT that one Colts receiver.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm going to start posting "In B4 Bobby Ruins it with his anti-Andre rants" in new threads. It's just a matter of time.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I don't think y'all should sleep on Lonnie Ballentine.....Mr. Irrelevant from 2014. He spent 2014 on IR. He is 6'3'' 220Lb with 4.4 speed.......

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm excited to see him play, his athleticism is off the charts and we thought enough of him to IR stash him last year.

10. magman

magman Member

I hope Drummond can be an undrafted success story. Seeing how the past few drafts have gone, we could use a win.

11. Mr. Clutch

Agreed that all posters need to stop posting about Andre here

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Bobby spitting truth bombs.

13. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Going to ignore the dumb **** in here and talk about Swaggg.

Liked the guy only for the sole purpose of a hype man. His "swag" on the field was great, and he pumped up a lot of the defense. You can even see him do it with Watt, He got him dancing a few times in this past year.

Beyond that, He was a box safety that couldn't tackle to save his life. And that in and of it self was the reason why he was cut. We could have used a box safety as our third safety, but given his weak wrap up and his inability to bring a guy down, you can't keep him on the roster.

Now I'm not saying his horrible play was the sole reason of him being waived, I am saying that it had to at least be a big part of it. I'm sure he wasn't the greatest influence on some young players, especially Clowney. You can't have a clown be your "prized" draft picks buddy in the locker room and off the field.

Could also have something to do with Swagg driving his truck off the lot of his customizer after he got shocked on the sticker price of his mods. Can't go doing that either. Especially if you've got a couple mil guaranteed in your contract.

14. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

As far as the depth at Safety, I'm not that worried. I think any of our guys could easily feel Swaggs place. At least to a point of where it isn't nearly as bad as it was with him on the field.

With Moore at FS, you're already set. Just need to make sure you have his backup.

At SS, you can have your pick of;

Listed Safeties:
    Ballentine
    Moore, Correy
    Pleasant
    Brown

Backup CB:

Bouye
    Hal
    Morris
    Rolle

And "OLB" Reshard Cliett who could be molded to the likes of Kam Chancellor for your bruising SS/LB hybrid.

I feel like the league is slowing going to start converting CB's to safety very soon, and I feel like the Texans will be starting that this off-season. I feel like we've got the guys on the roster to fix our issues, we've just got to hope the coaches see that, and utilize that talent.

15. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

What I would do is convert one of your backup CBs that you know won't be your nickel CB next year when Joseph is gone to safety. Just be sure he can cover, trail, adjust, and TACKLE for god sakes. He doesn't need to be a bruiser at SS so long as he can help in the run game, and is quick in the middle of the field.

I'd then begin transitioning Cliett to the safety roll. Get him comfortable with his coverage assignments, and utilize him as our 3rd safety/LB. He'd be great roaming the middle of the field blasting anything in sight, or as a tweener pass rusher up the middle in said packages.

I don't see much in Pleasant other than a okay Special Teamer. Ballentine hasn't done anything since he was IR'd. You obviously give him the chance to prove himself, and if he does, all the better. The other safeties are all way too raw to be of any help.

You've got some very good depth at CB now, especially with Rolle/Morris/Bouye all now being 4th stringer material with K. Johnson being drafted. Figure out which one is your nickel corner of the future (Next Year), and decide which you'd think would fit the safety roll the best.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Love what Romeo is doing with the secondary. Speed and ball skills. Drummond will be a fun player to watch

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

All for getting rid of a guy that is killing chemisty, not cutting it or etc
    BUT
    I do know you need his replacement to be better

Rocket River

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is weird to lose Dj for nothing. He obviously had his faults but still played fairly decent on a stingy defense. Curious how much his comments about leaving houston drove down his market value.

I'm interested to see how Bouye plays into this. The guy seemed to make a lot of plays in coverage.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You mean how the front office bungling the timing drove down his value.

20. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The timing? They have been trying to move him since before the draft. Braddock and Pat have both stated over the last month that they've been looking for a team to bite on him. No team bit. They didn't get anything for him, because he wasn't wroth giving up anything for. He's a guy that may or may not stick, and if his value is that low amongst the league, you might as well wait for him to hit waivers.

Swearings ranking amongst safeties per PFF:

2013 71 out of 86
    2014 78 out of 87

Not very valuable.