1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swearinger Gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TMAC3, May 11, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Last year, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> told TJ Yates he was gone, then waited to make it official. Later dealt him to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash">#Falcons</a>. Could be same with Swearinger</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/597752654475853824">May 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

waiting on official report til then he's still a Texan.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If your dog bites Uncle Bob's #1 overall draft pick, you can pretty much pack your bags.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Besides our 1st and last pick of that draft, this class was an absolute disaster. Hopefully we are getting something in return for D.J.

Round 1: DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
    Round 2: D.J. Swearinger - Gone
    Round 3: Brennan Williams - Zero games played, released.
    Round 3: Sam Montgomery - Zero games played, released.
    Round 4: Trevardo Williams - Zero games played, released.
    Round 6: David Quessenberry - Zero games played.
    Round 6: Alan Bonner - Zero games played.
    Round 6: Chris Jones, Bowling Green - Zero games played, released.
    Round 6: Ryan Griffin, Connecticut

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Combine that with last year's draft, and out of a possible like 16 players, something like 3 have even contributed anything at all. Terrible.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

7. conquistador#11

i'd take a linebacker. I'd even take lee away from the cowboys, even if he's had cushing like bad luck. Any malcontents in the nfc west? they still place an emphasis on running the ball, a place where swearinger still has value.

I think Swearinger played to his 2nd rd potential last season and huge factor in us winning some early games, but he hasn't shown the ability to learn from his pass coverage mistakes. It basically comes down to not fit for what romeo wants to do, which is have both safeties being able to interchange. Still hoping one of our cbs moves up to Safety.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

where did he go

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If it wasn't for Deandre that might have been the worst draft in NFL history.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If you are thinking anything more than a backup rotational player, you are probably setting your hopes too high.

11. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

The best part is we actually made a very strong 6th round pick in Chris Jones, then cut him before he ever plays a game for us.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's amazing to me the GM still has his job. Unbelievable.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It might have something to do with DJ allegedly stealing his own truck from a body shop after not paying for $20K in upgrades.

14. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I kinda have faith in the Texans. They are doing what the Rockets did, rebuilding while staying competitive. I have no problem with that at all, but difference is they Rockets knew they needed a big man to sniff the postseason and compete. So they went out and got a big man.

The Texans don't think they need Franchise QB and there is my problem with the team. I haven't seen a football team in the Super Bowl that doesn't have a franchise QB since the Baltimore Ravens with Trent Dilfer. So all these other moves are mute until we fix the QB Position.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Right, he wasnt arrested...and it was an accusation that hasnt really been followed up.

He's never been a trouble maker since he's been in the NFL and from what Ive seen, he's worked very hard off the field to be in shape and work towards becoming a better player.

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

The crazy thing is, we've been saying this for years.....

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This is besides the point of this thread, but whatever. I can't let this stupidity pass.

And what would make you think that? Not having gotten one doesn't equate to thinking they don't need one. There wasn't any QB was worth taking #1 last year. Bortles is not a Franchise QB. They weren't in position to get either of the the 2 top QB prospects in the draft this year. There haven't been any Franchise QB's available in free agency. What in the hell do you want them to do? Give specifics, and "get a franchise QB" isn't a sufficient answer.

Not going out and throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks (aka, the Cleveland Method) is absolutely the right approach. Don't force it. Be patient, build up the rest of the team (aka, the Seattle Method), and when the opportunity comes along, you pounce on it. If the opportunity doesn't come along as soon as some fans would like, what can you do? Nothing other that what they've been doing.

Rex Grossman with the Bears in '07. Jake Delhomme with the Panthers in '04. Brad Johnson with the Bucs in '03 (arguably Rich Gannon too though he had a really good 4 year run from '99-'02).

And some would argue that Flacco doesn't really qualify as a Franchise QB either, though he's still very good. Same argument could be made for Kaepernick.

Moot. The word you're looking for is "moot".

2 people like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xewlks" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xewlks_moot_tech" target="_blank">Moot</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ramrod1" target="_blank">ramrod1</a></i>

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member