1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Surprise Fantasy Basketball Players

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Medicine N Music, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which one of these players suprise you the most? My league has 3 pts% instead of 3 pts made, so that may change the rankings a little.

Rankings

#1 Chris Paul - Are you serious? I have him on my team and picked him with the 9th pick. He's averaging 21.7 pts, 10.0 asts, 2.9 stls, 49.3% fgs, 39.8% 3s, 91.4% fts, and only 2.9 TOs. I bet nobody thought he'd even be in the top 5.

#16 Rudy Gay - Everything Shane Battier was supposed to be....without the "intangibles". 19.6 pts, 5.6 rebs, 1.3 stls, 1.0 blks, 47.7% fgs, 37.1% 3s, 80.6% fts.

#17 Chris Kaman - Isn't playing like a caveman anymore....that's for sure. 18.6 pts, 14.0 rebs, 2.9 blks, 49% fgs, 78% fts is outstanding for a post.

#24 Hedo Turkoglu - I didn't think he'd do this good with Lewis coming in as the "savior" of the franchise. 19.3 pts, 6.2 rebs, 4.2 asts, 1.0 stls, 44.1% fgs, 37.8% 3s, and 81.8% fts.

#26 Mike Dunleavy - After 6 years of sucking, I guess he decided to finally play up to that #3 draft pick potential. 17.5 pts, 5.6 rebs, 3.4 asts, 1.0 stls, 48.3% fgs, 41.3% 3s, 83.1% fts.

I didn't include #4-6 (Boozer, Baron Davis, Butler) because I had a feeling that they were going to do pretty well this year.

2. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

I wasn't suprised at Paul or Gay, I was pretty sure they were up for a good statistical year this year.

Kaman is the one who suprised me the most off of your list, the guy is a fantasy stud.