1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Surgeon Speculates Carmelo Anthony Has Torn Meniscus Or Arthritic Knee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, Mar 18, 2013.

1. amaru

amaru Member

It's called wear and tear, stupid coaching and bad luck.

Guys like Kobe and LBJ are the exception, not the norm.

2. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

You can and should limit your high intensity work. But there's no reason not to take hours and hours of set or easy jump shots. Or do ball handling drills. Whatever. Not everything is going to take a bunch of effort.

3. hlcc

hlcc Member

after his don't snitch video its really really hard to root for Carmelo

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

He didn't have any prior cartilage problem. The offseason workout I showed has nothing to do with his current injury. Different time frames.

The things is we don't really know the seriousness to his injury, whether it's cartilage, arthritis, or worse. Knicks have the business reason to downplay and hide the player injuries until they can't hide anymore. They have a long rap sheet of doing exactly that.

If they can hide the natural of Melo's injury (if it's serious) after the playoff tickets go on sale, they will. Dolan is just a shrewd businessamn who has little regard for his fans or bringing a championship to the city of NY.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What BS. Brandon Roy and Gilbert Arenas were gym rats and had even worse knee issues. Roy was always in midseason shape and has literally no cartilage in his knees to show for it.

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

SAS will say that Melo can play at 80% and Lin can not play at 85%.:grin:

7. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

This ^. Once your body (depending on the person) exhausts a certain amount of energy it will start to burn through it's testorterone stores at some point. This happens much quicker in the weight room than anywhere else but it will still happen during any physical activity. This is reallllyy bad for any athlete for obvious reasons. I would believe that during the season most of these guys only spend at most 45 min to an hour in the gym. Yes, there are obvious exceptions to this rule but someone saying Kobe works out for extremely long periods of time wouldn't know how his body operates compared to another athlete.

Most of these guys probably work off how they feel fatigue and I'm sure some guys just have a higher tolerence too it. Also, I do believe in will power of will and competitiveness but if you're not taking care of yourself through nutrition and 'proper' exercise, which seems like a lot of these guys don't get then that's when you get the Amare's, and t-macs.

People can say Kobe spends days in the gym but his diet is most likely perfect to every daily/weekly macro for how much he works out. Also I remember reading a couple years ago that Nash cut out artifical sugars and gluten. There was a big thing about he packed his meals for road trips and prepared everything himself. This in my opinion is why we see some stars have great longevity.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kinda' weird to see a guy who doesn't absorb contact and drive to the hoop get injured. Maybe all that off-balanced contested Js finally took their toll? :confused:

ANyway nobody knows for sure what Melo's work ethic is, but what we do know is that 8-9 years after having been drafted he's still the same player, I can't say a single thing he does well now that he didn't do well before. My money's on him being lazy, his body lacks the definition you'd expect from somebody who works out regularly as well.

9. amaru

amaru Member

Speak for yourself. Some of us are able to see past all the "Stop Snitchin" bravado and see the situation for what it really is.

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Please learn how to read.

I originally stated "Wonder why he is alwas injuried at this time of the season?" It's not just about THIS injury. It's about this and past injuries.

Past injury report:
    http://www.tsn.ca/nba/teams/players/bio/?id=901

Knicks coach says Anthony needs to be in better shape.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/challenging_melo_ypzDpCxkkrQQy6zR2skkkN

Why do you suppose Woodson said that??

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As much as I love seeing doom and gloom for the Knicks, I simply hate the fact that star player, after star player keep on havin their careers shortened with knee injuries. The NBA needs more great players that play well into their late 30's. Not broken down stars with arthritic knees.

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

The Raptors actually has a .500 record since 14th of Dec.

Knicks? 20 wins and 21 losses since 15th of Dec.

Thats right, they have been playing like Raptors for quite some time.

13. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

They didn't have a chance anyway, they're 16-16 on the road. They're not even a good team lol. All the teams we consider legimate contenders have at least a 4 game advantage in road wins. This is also why I think the Pacers don't stand a chance against the heat despite their hype this year, 14-18 on the road.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Man, if Melo breaks down the Knicks are screwed beyond belief. Their money's tied up in STAT, Melo, and Chandler, they traded away their 2014 and 2016 picks (as well as every 2nd round pick from now until 2017), and their only real youth is Shumpert and White.

15. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Hoping there's no long term harm to his career. I'm not a Knicks fan at all, but Melo is easily my fav. non-Rocket player in the league. Hope he's okay.

16. kumakun

kumakun Member

Seems kind of ironic if he receives torn meniscus a few months before playoffs, not wishing any player an injury but the irony of having someone else last year suffer the same season ending fate who didn't fit into Melos crew and is now much healthier and stronger than before.

17. timyeung

timyeung Member

SAS totally criticized Lin for not playing due to a torn meniscus of the knee.
    If Melo has a torn meniscus of the knee and does not play, lets see what SAS says . . .

18. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

whoa turn meniscus? Linteresting. We'll see if he makes it back for the playoffs.

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I don't see the irony.

You are reaching, LOF