1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supposedly O'Brien had to be restrained from Brock...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well....I mean, he's an absolutely terrible QB, I've never suggested otherwise, but he'd have never made it 5 games without throwing a pick if he was on the Texans, no matter who he played. That's my point. He threw 49 passes in 2 of those games.....with the Texans he once made it 36 pass attempts without an interception in a game and we were all shocked even though it was against the Jags.

Somehow once he left, he found out how to play in multiple games in a row without throwing a pick....something he seemingly forgot how to do when he was with the Texans

2. raining threes

Puff piece, McNair said he wanted a QB and Smith/BOB said that they would do what the owner wanted.

Doesn't seem like a puff piece to me. What make you think it is?

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I just....wow. Not even sure where to begin to respond to this sort of idiocy.

rawbrah likes this.
  4. TheFreak

In case anyone still didn't know this poster had an agenda....

Kubiak really coached the hell out of that 2-14 team. And who brought Romeo here?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How many more years will BOB's propaganda work? How many more passes do we give him? How many seasons can an offensive minded head coach have a terrible offense before we consider that maybe he's not that good?

I mean, I'm just curious because it's pretty clear that a lot of people here aren't ready to hold him accountable for anything at all. Is he going to be able to coast on what RAC's defense is doing forever? How many weapons can the offense get before we decide that they should be able to perform at a better than average level with what is allegedly an offensive guru as head coach?

Creepy Crawl and macho87 like this.
  6. TheFreak

Let's not forget telling everyone the GSW and SAS might not make the playoffs.....before they go on to win 73 and 67 games. Along with the constant DMo bs. The guy has range that extends outside of this forum. Don't sell him short.

7. TheFreak

Belichick was a defensive coach, yet his teams mainly win because of Brady. He must suck as a head coach.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of the 5 seasons they won the SB

2 times they had the top scoring defense in the NFL
    1 time they had the #2 scoring defense in the NFL

Every time they had that won a SB had a top 8 scoring defense.

Of course, I'm sure you knew that.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, the Patriots have never won the SB in a season where they were the top scoring offense in the NFL.....but yeah, pretty much 100% Brady

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Some exaggeration? Yes. I thought it was obvious. Far from idiocy. The coach did love him some Mallet though. When Mallet became a free agent and it came time to sign him; Bill let us know he absolutely wanted his boy back.

"I've known Ryan since his rookie year," O'Brien said. "I really have a good connection with Ryan. George Godsey our quarterback coach, has a real good connection with him too. He enjoys playing in our system. We enjoy coaching him."

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Actually he was a special teams coach

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Easily forgetting Schaub getting pick-six-itis out of nowhere and Kubiak's health issues.

OBRIEN'S best coaching decision was picking his choosing Crennel. No questions there.

Bobbythegreat and Mr. Clutch like this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I really hope you're joking.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was written with the help of the Texans media staff.

Specifically referring to the article that tried to recap how they decided to sign osweiler.

Those articles are always going to feature optimistic quotes from everybody.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he's held all sorts of coaching jobs, for example, he was also a WR coach at one point but he was known for being a strong defensive coach when he got his first head coaching gig with the Browns. Where that freak was really wrong is not knowing that the Pats have had a REALLY good defense every time they won the SB.

16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Well Wade Phillips was no slouch either... and we could have kept him... and he wanted to stay here.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Well he was :)

And he coached special teams before he ever coached D.

He was also a receivers coach, defensive backs coach, and defensive coordinator.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

He wanted to stay but OBRIEN didn't want him to stay. I think he interviewed Wade and still didn't want him. I totally understand why though

19. TheFreak

What is it with you guys thinking that positive quotes about a player in the press actually means something? When does a coach ever say anything negative about a player that is under contract with his team? For that matter, when does a coach say anything negative about ANY player, EVER?

raining threes likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing that matters is leaked propaganda from BOB's PR team suggesting that he can do no wrong and anything that is bad is in no way tied to him.

raining threes and Nook like this.