1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SUPERSTITIONS] Codell's wife takes the loss in Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Oct 20, 2004.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

I can't help but blame my lovely wife for tonight's loss.

I am VERY superstitious when it comes to sports, especially the playoffs (Rockets & Stros).

When I watch the game at home, I sit in my Franklin leather recliner in the living room. Every time we've won in the playoffs, I've been sitting there. Every time we've lost in the playoffs, I was sitting on my couch. Tonight, the wife insisted on watching the game with me AND sitting in my recliner. To her credit though, me sitting on the couch during the 2 ATL losses and the first 2 STL losses were by my choice.

So anyway ...........was wondering if anyone else was as neurotic and superstitious as I am about these sort of things????

2. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Lock her in a closet or something for game 7, please.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Game 7 is very important

Do whatever it takes

edit: not whatever, don't do anything stupid;)

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

We are 1-2 in playoff games when I go to Live. Sorry Khalil, I may have to do something else tomorrow night. :D

5. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Dan Micelli is the DeViL.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Every game that I've drank during, we've won. Every game that I didn't drink, we lost. Tonight I had a beer once we took the lead, but I think it was too late. With tomorrow being a night game, rest assured fellow Astros fans that I will do my part and be heavily intoxicated by first pitch. :)

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

everytime i wear black ankle socks, we do well or win.

today, because i couldnt find any clean, or any at all, i think the dryer alien monster took them, i had to wear some high black socks.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

No problem what ever it takes to win and celebrate in the streets. Im off tomorrow after the game and i plan on being wasted by the end of the night partying in the streets of downtown.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's on *you,* Codell! Step up! Put the wife in another viewing location and let's get to the series!

;)

10. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

My dad and I watched the whole game on Fox. During this time, he keeps asking me "What channel is the high-definition coverage on?"

Finally, in the 12th inning, he decides to look for the HD channel.

He finds it.

Next pitch: Game over.

It's my dad's fault, coupled with damned high-defiintion tv, which hurt my eyes.

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

It's time to be the man of the house, and beg and plead with your wife to let you have your way with that recliner - no matter what it takes.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Codell,

She is FORBIDDEN at even looking at that recliner tomorrow, your A$$ is needed glued to that chair.

All hands on deck....except Miceli.

DD

13. synergy

synergy Member

yea, i have my lucky chair too. when i last sat in it I saw kent hit the grand slam homer. When i was sitting in it today, Bags tied the game. Then I got up and left to watch it on another tv. Result: Astros lost.

14. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

go find whatever chair you were in when the rockets clinched their last finals birth...

i dont care if you have to go to every house until you find it .. or dig it out of the dump... find it!

15. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I'm not allowed to watch the games on TV since it seems that whenever I do have the 'Stros on the tube they always lose. It's been rough, but I've kept my hand away from the remote and followed along in the gameday threads here.

Good news for tomorrow is that the Astros have yet to lose a playoff game that they have played while I was at work. Tomorrow I'll be at work until 1030 central. That combined with Clemens starting means it's a sure thing, right? Right..?

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Miceli needs to be waived or needs to be sent home to Houston. Leave his ass there!

As for your wife, codell...

I ditto w/ GriffinFan: Lock her in the closet for Game 7.

17. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I am very, very superstitious; I'm not even gonna go into it.

One odd thing, though. I wore this Astros shirt all day today and they lost. The last time I can remember wearing it was game 2 of the NLDS where Lidge gave up a run. Rest assured, I won't wear this shirt anywhere near gametime.

18. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

On days that I shave, they lose. I forgot today was a gameday (been cramming for midterms) and my friend was ragging on me and telling me to shave...so I did:mad: :mad: :mad:

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can get pretty superstitious when it comes to sports. Unfortunately, my superstition for this series has been actually WATCHING the games. I haven't sat down and actually watched any of the games in this series. Mostly because I work most nights, but also because watching the games makes me unbelievably jittery. I usually tape them and watch it later when I know the outcome. I didn't do that last night and they lost a heartbreaker. :(

I really, really really want to watch the game live if they advance, though, so I'll go against my superstitions and watch today's game as well...

If they lose you can all mail dead fish heads to me or something.

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

For each Astros playoff game this year that I have watched at home, I have lit several of the 99 cent candles you can get at Foodarama or some of the 99 cent stores. Since I'm Jewish, I do not buy any of the Jesus-related ones, but I do buy the Diablo/Devil ones (supposed to ward off el diablo) and the plain ones. I also light several sticks of incense during the course of the game.

The other thing I do, if I get home in time, is play the game in High Heat 2004 with the accurate starting lineups. Each time I have done this, if the Astros lose on the computer, they win in real life, and if the Astros win on the computer, they lose in real life.

On the computer last night, the Stros beat the Cardinals 7-3 on home runs from Beltran and Lamb. Munro lasted 4 1/2 innings and gave up 2 runs. Lidge pitched a scoreless 8th and 9th to close them out.

When I was done with the game, I knew we would lose. When they brought in Dan "Would You Like Another Meatball, Mr. Edmonds?" Miceli in the 12th, I said "game over" to myself.

If Garner uses Miceli again this year, I will blow a gasket!