1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League Game 3 and 4 Impressions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think he has the most potential to contribute immediately in a Corey Brewer esque roll, but what do you possibly think he has upside to grow into as a player?

Guys who need years of coaching are fine? As long as they develop into solid players later down the line.

2. basketballholic

Why would I want to bet on which mediocre player is going to be better than the other?

#foolish

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think Williams can be serviceable bench producer. Maybe on a 76ers type team. He can bring the energy for us. We don't need a star to be born.

Those guys are years away from being a 12th man on the bench. I don't have too much faith in the sl roster. Hated the onauku pick. Just like I did Dekker.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Haven't been that impressed by anyone.

In terms of actually playing on the team next year... I only really see Troy and Taylor.
    Taylor has the best shot because they need a real backup PG.

5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Qi has the most "potential" or upside just due to his size and length
    Hartenstein comes next but he seems a little slow footed to have a ton or potential
    Oliver is next with his absolute ceiling being Draymond green and floor would be tweeting about be-well
    Troy IMO doesn't have a ton of upside but what he is now has a place on the bench with a game or two a season where he blows up

D-rock and skroodup25 like this.
  6. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Yea I think he's confusing potential/upside with immediate dividends......

I agree with you... Troy showed us what we already knew.... he's the only current NBA player on our roster.... basically all I saw was that he's been here before... and he's been absolutely out to get his only because I've seen him pass and he's really ok at it but you couldn't tell in any of these games...

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yule C....Yule Onu

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I didn't like that Qi was just floating around the 3 point line on most drives. Looked passive. He should be trying to be more like Capela. However, he has some touch if left open anywhere. And he can move to the basket. He's probably a lot more like Capela than we realize. Meaning go for the dunk or nothing. And although awkward, he is good at getting fouled on the drive. Problem being if he isn't fouled, he probably isn't going to hit a shot on the move. But I am rooting for the kid.

Taylor choked when it counted most. Otherwise gave himself an opportunity.

I was never in awe or overly excited about what happened out there.