1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League Game 2 vs Wizards: Tipoff @ ~ 9:15pm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Any Lamb and Jones highlights of game 2?

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

http://www.microplussale.com

Problem Solved

3. thejav

thejav Member

530pm

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

No game till mon.

http://www.nba.com/news/2012-summer-league-schedule/index.html

All Times listed are PACIFIC

Sunday July 15
    • COX Pavilion
    1 PM -- New York vs. Phoenix
    3 PM -- Denver vs. Dallas
    5 PM -- San Antonio vs. Atlanta
    7 PM -- Washington vs. NBA D-League
    • Thomas & Mack
    3:30 PM -- Toronto vs. Miami
    5:30 PM -- Cleveland vs. Charlotte
    7:30 PM -- New Orleans vs. Portland
    Monday July 16
    • COX Pavilion
    1 PM -- Atlanta vs. Boston
    3 PM -- Dallas vs. Toronto
    5 PM -- Cleveland vs. NBA D-League
    7 PM -- LA Clippers vs. Minnesota
    • Thomas & Mack
    3:30 PM -- Houston vs. Sacramento
    5:30 PM -- LA Lakers vs. Miami
    7:30 PM -- Milwaukee vs. New Orleans

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Lamar Odom's the same way. He would completely disappear for long stretches, then impose his will and look like an All-Star. During his glory days with the Lakers, he'd occasionally drop a smooth, efficient 20 pts and snag 15+ rbs. Defensively, put on a show. Bothering wings on the perimeter with his length, and just moments later, shutting down a force like Kevin Love in the post. As he'd catch fire, he'd get more comfortable and confident, and start tapping into his NYC playground game. Once-in-a-decade talent with that rare blend of size, athleticism, and skill.

Royce is similar in that he's a very emotional player. When he's involved and confident, he can leave you wondering why he wasn't a top-3 pick. But, other times, he looks disinterested and fades into the shadows. He's more powerful than LO, but not quite as long or skilled. He'll probably hover around the 10 RPG mark at some point down the road. Offensively, he has Odom-like efficiency, but he lacks the outside shot.

The promising thing about Royce is that he's at his best in the biggest of games. He had 23 in the tourney against arguably the most talented team in the history of NCAA hoops, UK, 15 and 13 against the defending champs, 18 and 17 @ Kansas, 20 and 9 @ Mizzou.

I love his game, but the current situation will be very tough for a fragile, developing talent like Royce. If Dwight falls through, this is going to be a painfully sloppy, inconsistent, Wizards-esque team. One where it's easy to develop poor habits. I really hope Royce breaks through and finds his groove.

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

with every solid performance Lamb has, KMart becomes more and more expendable. i kinda feel bad for Kmart. i really hope he can move to another team, i think it would be best for both the rockets and for martin.

7. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Just posting to clarify that it was NOT me booing the whole game. Some other female rockets fan on the otherwise of the gym, (I think it was some rockets contest winner) that was booing the whole time. That's really not my style to boo that excessively in that setting. I did however heckle the refs after bad calls. Just wanted to clarify because I saw some posts, received tweets, texts, & Facebook postings about me booing during the game.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL we were definitely wondering! Did you get some good pictures? I tried to text Shri to see if he would get me a pic of Patrick, Jorts and Tjones sitting together on the bench but I don't know if I still have his good cell phone number :(

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I am worried about 2 things with Royce:

1. Him being traded to Orlando
    2. His FT shooting...(no rhythm, just grabs the ball and fires it, no bounce, no pattern, just catch and shoot it, don't like his rhythm on the stripe at all)

10. marothisu

marothisu Member

As someone who watched White in college, I'm just going to say this coaching staff is not utilizing him well at all. They're playing him a lot at the 4 when he's more used to playing with the ball in his hands.

I've watched both games, and both Fortson and Machado are not good PGs. Fortson especially. There is absolutely no legitimate offense with these guys and they have not shown that great of passing abillity.

Just what I've noticed watching these games, but there's guys, especially White who are not being utilized well at all. He's a strong guy, but he doesn't know the technique to get around other PFs with great rebounding/box out technique yet. Most likely a move by the coaching staff to see what he can do.

I wouldn't thrown the guy under the bus after two summer league games. He is in the wrong position these games and it shows. He's basically playing a position he's not that used to. Use him more as LeBron does thing and I guarantee you'd see a helllllllllllllllllllllll of a lot more things out of him. Nobody was ever denying he's undersized, but at the 3 he's not undersized. I just don't get why the coaching staff would be playing him at the 4. Kind of ridiculous to me IMO and it shows.

11. marothisu

marothisu Member

Also keep in mind it's summer league and you have a lot of guys trying to make a roster. Guys like Fortson are going to try and hit a HR every time they have the ball facing someone up. They won't even think about passing because they think the only thing the coaching staff notices is if they score or make a sweet pass. Coaching staffs notice more than just these two things, but IMO it's their mentality. A lot of selfish play all around in summer league. I see a whole lot of "wow, I can't believe you didn't get this guy the ball" type of thing in every one of these games.

I guarantee you if you put these guys out without the pressure of making a team, they would playing more cohesively and you'd see a lot better play out of most people (except the ones who already play well of course).

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Sampson's take on our main young guys so far....

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/coachs-corner

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He got his points from threes. It's how they play...

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

ClutchFans.net ‏@clutchfans
    Royce White last night on tossing Vesely from the paint to his bench: "I used to play football, defensive end, and I learned swim moves."

15. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

Thanks, was wondering if that was you. It did seem a bit much for such a rather laid-back setting.

16. poop

poop New Member

Is there a video of Lamb's highlights from the Wizards game?

17. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

when did royce toss Vesely? what quarter, what time? thanks.

18. landon7

landon7 Member

Don't want to start another thread or search through 10mil of posts so I have two questions, one related to the other I guess:

1. In case of Zoran Dragic can he sign with any of the NBA team, although he didn't go to draft neither (as far as I know) he signed up for it and didn't get drafted?

2. And if he can, do the Rockets have some exclusive rights or agreement in place?

I know he is not future best player on earth and that maybe these answers have been answered before but if it's not too much problem I would be very thankful for answers :grin:

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets don't hold any exclusive rights over Zoran. He can sign with any NBA team whenever he likes.

So he is free to join up with Goran on the Suns :)