1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dubious, Jul 13, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Prolly because the Z is not a G.

2. KB9

KB9 Member

not the answer I was looking for, had thought of that myself. And btw what happened to ''Zoran was really good'' quotes from McHale after the first days of camp. Yesterday wasted hours of sleep because of this. Happy for Lamb and Dirk Mo, Royce and all that, but on the other hand you're losing me as a fan. First Goran than Lee, Scola, Camby now Zoran kept on the bench in summer league? I don't know. Hope I'm feeling better after today's game...

3. onreego

onreego Member

It's only been one game. I'm sure he'll get some PT. interesting that they're losing you as a fan because zoran Dragic didn't get a minute in summer league... But as they say, don't mess with the zoran.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The birth of the ZOF started right here. You are the very first Zoran Only Fan. Congratulations.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Last year the Rockets changed up the rotations half way through summer league iirc. I am assuming they are doing the same thing this year. Basically, for the last 2-3 game, you will probably see more Zoran than Fortsen. This way each player gets full games instead of 5-10 minutes in each.

6. KB9

KB9 Member

it's not just that as I said in the earlier post, Scola, Goran, Camby, Lee were my favorite players on this team, well last year's...

7. onreego

onreego Member

I understand what you mean. Lee isn't completely out of the picture yet but, in the case of the other guys, sometimes you just have to make a change. They can't circle the drain forever. Scola and Goran were definitely tough losses though.

8. retlaw5

retlaw5 New Member

the rockets rookies look good, especially d-mo, cant wait to see lamb vs beal today

9. KB9

KB9 Member

yep, Spurs or Heat will be very happy to have him on the team... But if you get DH I'll understand the move...

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I dont take much out of sl, but let me add. I look at movement and how guys feel on the court. Jones,lamb,do-nuts looked like they belong. All 3 looked like the were athletic enough to play and maintain a certain level in this league. You can tell white can pass with some of his instincts, but he looks too small,slow,and unatletic to play the 3 or the 4. Morris showed a pulse, but he looks like the classic guys without a position. At least you could see jones as a 3/4 type of guys. Morris won't get much game time this year either. Again,it just sl, so we will see.

11. butterball

butterball Member

Was hoping Morris would make a strong showing after his underwhelming rookie year. I haven't written him off yet. I'm confident White will turn up and the last game was affected by nerves.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Lamb looked like he could get his shot off whenever he wanted to. I think he showed a lethal mid range game.

Morris was a huge disappointment to me. He just looked lost.

TJ was the best surprise of the game to me. He played aggresive during the whole game. Handles the rock really well and knows how to pass. Nice outside shot and good post game. I really liked what I saw but I want to know if he will keep up the aggresive play. He looks like he has the skills to play SF ond the size @ 6'9" 250 lbs to play PF or C.

Royce, he definitely looked off. I want to see him tonight to see if he can show me something more.

Donatas was better than advertised. He showed the complete arsenal last night. Sweet outside stroke, great post moves, running the floor, slam dunks and put backs off of offensive rebounds, directing traffic on defense and best of all a hot girl friend!

I thought the team was better with Machado running the team than Fortson. Although Machado looked a little off he seemed to have really good court awareness as opposed to Fortson. Rockets bigs, perticularly Royce and Donatas ran pick and rolls only to be open rolling to the basket but no entry pass from the point guard (Fortson).

I hope to see the following group play together tonight:

Motiejunas
    White
    Jones
    Lamb
    Machado

I want to see pick and roll plays where Machado gets the ball to Royce, Motiejunas or Jones rolling to the basket. This will creat easy points in the paint or some nice open looks for Lamb.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

agreed... pretty much with everything you said.

I finished watch the second time... not much to add other than I like strength that "the mad chicken" seems to have added. I didn't realize that he had a couple of strong moves through contact the first time I watched.

:)

On to the next SL game! I sooooo wish I was in the gym. I felt like I could see so much more live than on tv.

14. KB9

KB9 Member

That must be it.