1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[summer league] Fonde games start next week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Jul 7, 2006.

1. JamesC

JamesC Member

That was Andre Joseph, we went to my high school but got kicked out after he tried to fight the coach during the game. He played at Oregon with Luke Ridenour a few years ago. He's a good player but he's always had attitude problems EVERYWHERE he's gone.

As for tonight, it was a pretty good night. Tmac showed up and watched most of the last game. I saw Steve Novak and Kelenna Azubuike in the crowd watching the game. I wondered why Azubuike was still in town and if theres any possibility of him signing. Luther Head had a good game and held Rashard Lewis most of the 4th quarter.

2. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

He is a training camp invite

3. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

DAMN I MISSED THE KEMP AND RASHARD LEWIS BATTLE :eek: can anybody give me any detail about what happened when they played against each other????? I was so pissed about nobody being at fonde monday, so i went to club carringtons and got drunk instead.

i was in 5th ward earlier yesterday, and i seen john lucas do his thing. this kid is really earning his three year contract. his jumpshooting is very impressive, and he throws ally-oop passes just like his dad. JL3 appears to be a workaholic, and he was busting his ass out there wedenesday night. it seems like the crowd is more into the games in 5th ward than out at fonde. maybe because the arena was smaller.

4. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

no way man...

not only was penny a rocket killer, he was flat out amazing!!

another one of those "what if"s had he stayed healthy. maybe even the best scoring point guard ever if he stayed healthy.

penny was awesome.

5. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

this year's fonde games was crap compared to last year. there was'nt that many people at these games compared to last year.there was nothing but local talent that i have already seen before. last year had nba and college players coming from all over, and that final game wednesday was a complete joke!!!! :mad: team black (rashard lewis's team) sh!tted on the other team horribly. team black ally-opped their way to victory the whole night. ansu sesay put a really big facial on this texas player, by dunking on him really hard. the other team only had six players total on their roster!!!! tack minor was the only player doing anything on his team. andre owens was off the whole night on his shot, and everyone else on team sky blue was complete garbage. i hope next year's fonde games are better, because i was highly disappointed this year. :mad:

6. two-sandwiches

Judging from the players mentioned that it would be crap.

Did Francis really pass? I wish I could have seen that.

7. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

We left after the third quarter. Team Black had more talent (Lewis and D Jones and Sesay) and the PSP all stars were the PSP no shows. They only had six guys show up. I was hoping to see Kirk Snyder again on that team. It was a crappy game for a championship....These two teams played last week and it was a great game with PSP winning, Cassell on the bench coaching and a 6 point win if I recall correctly. This game Wed night sucked. PSP played well at the start but ran out of gas with only 6 folks and no bigs, except the A&M kid.

8. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

9. JamesC

JamesC Member

This year's procity was overall pretty good. If you only come to see NBA players your selling yourself short. The overall talent of the league is ridiculous. Guy's like HeadBanger (who might have just as much hops as Vince Carter) and Myron "the show" Allen are what help keep it competitive. The Shawn Kemp- Rashard Lewis battle was a classic moment as well. The championship game was a bit dissappointing though. Somebody should've given Luther Head and Chuch Hayes a jersey cause the blue team needed all the help they could get.

10. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

headbanger is nice, but he aint phuccing with vince carter. carter is the greatest dunker of all time. but headbanger got hella hops though. last year's final game was better compared to this year.

11. Rockets Dynasty

In his EARLY 20s long before he even reached his prime, Penny was EASILY a top 3 guard in the NBA.

I'm talking

1. Jordan
    2. Clyde
    3. Penny

and Reggie was in his prime then.

He was the real deal, if it wasn't for those knee problems he would have been one of the greatest ever.