1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[summer league] Fonde games start next week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Jul 7, 2006.

1. JamesC

JamesC Member

Most of it depends on who shows up to play. Last year Rashard Lewis and Jonathan Bender went at it in a heated one on one that had the crowd on its feet the whole time. Moments like that are what keep you coming back for more. The action will probably pick up as most of the NBA summer leagues start to finish up.

2. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

Any word on the rosters? / rox players participating?

3. arjun

arjun Member

ive been to every procity game so far this season, MONDAY WAS GREAT SUPERB, I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN! i got there late, was there for games 2 and 3, luther head was playing in game 2 with tierre brown on his team, brown is so quick, luther played ok, THEN CAME THE GAME OF THE NIGHT, but before that let me name some of the stars who came to watch, STEVE FRANCIS, keith bogans, sam cassell, and damon stoudamire, few others were there i forget. Now back to the game, the main match up Scion TCs vs Black Uptowners, or in other words Damon Jones and Rashard Lewis vs TJ Ford and Gerald Green, also on TJ Fords team was royal ivey, and daniel ewing. Damon Jones played horrible, TJ Ford played great, Rashard lewis was unstoppable he mest up gerald green who played like ****. it was a great night here are my pictures from it
    http://community.webshots.com/user/indaclubam2pm2
    click the procity album, i just posted it yesterday

4. arjun

arjun Member

pg 1 is from last wednesday, pg 2 and 3 are from monday starting with the francis pics

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap...

What about the big men for Scion TC's squad such as Glen Davis aka "Big Baby"? How did he look (slimmed down big time I read, lost about 45 pounds from earlier this year when he was playing in the Final 4 for LSU)?

6. arjun

arjun Member

he did look alot slimmer, started off slow but finsihd great, had like 18 pts and alot of rebounds, but i mean the biggest player on the court of the other team was like rashard lewis, so i doubt hed be able to do anything in the nba

7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Lets just wait and see how things turn out since he is only going into his Junior year at LSU. I think he may possibly work his way into a Top 10 to 15 pick for the 2007 draft class.

8. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Also check out the photobook of arjun chillin' wit his bros!

9. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

i was at fonde jul 24th (yesterday) and it was a riot fest in fonde last night.

gerald green put on a show showing some nice and very impressive dunks. :eek: other than gerald greens high flying antics, gerald green did not impress, as he bricked most of his jumpers.

steve francis put on a show with his crazy passes, and nice cross overs.

it kinda looks like sam cassel'd age has finally caught up with him, because he looks a step slower compared to last year.

im still amazed at how moochie norris hits all of his jumpers at fonde, but does jack **** in the nba. same for anthony goldwire.

the biggest highlight of fonde last night was when daniel ewing got into a physical confrontation with some unknown player after a hard foul. daniel ewing really phucced that kid up, putting a huge bruise on his forehead while blood was dripping from his face. :eek: everybody in the crowd stood up and watched while all the players on the floor tried to calm everybody down. daniel ewing literally turned into a pshycopath literally hitting this dude. that ***** completely lost his mind, while tj ford, gerald green, and glen davis, tried to calm him down. the crowd announcer screamed arrest him!!! arrest him!!!, but daniel calmly took off his jersey, and calmly left the fonde center after a while of really being hostile. it was a crazy night.

10. RioGrando

RioGrando Member

Damn, it's like THAT?!

I'll b there Wednesday! Can I bring my plastic cup?

11. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

What team is Tierre playing on? Every time I've gone to Fonde (last year and this year) I've missed his team...and this year, the procity website doesn't even have rosters or box scores...

12. Pulp

Pulp Member

I just want to point out penny doesn't travel as much

13. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

i went up to fonde monday and nobody was up there. what in the phuc is going on!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: i looked on the procity web site, and it really dont say what happened. :mad: maybe they played somewhere else. anybody got any clues????

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

They played at the Denver Harbor Community Center in 5th Ward. The air conditioning went out at the Fonde so they moved the games for the week. Their gonna play there again tommorrow. I had to find out the hard way myself.

15. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

I only know Luther Head will be playing. It was reported earlier in one of these Chinese articles that he skipped the summer leagues in Las Vegas such that he could focus on playing in Fonde, as he thought he will have tougher competition here in this league than the summer league there at Las Vegas.

16. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Head Hayes and Lucas are all playing. Maybe Rafer?

17. RocketsMVP

RocketsMVP Contributing Member

I was there this past Monday on July 31st, and must say that the games were pretty good. It was crazy to see both JLIII and TJ Ford play on the same team (Tyrus Thomas was also on their team but didn't impress me too much besides a block here and there). Most of the time when I was watching Lucas and Ford play, I kept thinking how they would make one of the fastest backcourts in the league.

From what I saw Lucas seemed like a decent player. I was expecting him to be a beast on offense since there was all that talk about his play in summer league but I guess with Ford sharing the floor it was harder for him to do so much plus it is more of a streetball game.

18. JamesC

JamesC Member

What did you think about that showdown between Shawn Kemp and Rashard Lewis?

19. RocketsMVP

RocketsMVP Contributing Member

I actually just stayed for the first 2 games and so I missed that one.

20. ghost

ghost Member

What team does Kemp play on? I was going to go tonight to see TJ's team go against Okafor's team, but decided not too. It hasn't been at Fonde the last couple of times, which is real close to my place. That's the main reason I didn't feel like going. Probably a stupid reason, but I plan on going again next week when it's back at Fonde.