1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League Begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kegray34, Jul 3, 2006.

1. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

Summer League in Vegas starts Thursday vs. Aldridge and the Trailblazers.
    I will be in Vegas from Monday-Thursday next week and will go catch a game(probably the Tues 7/11 game vs. Clippers). Don't really see anything exciting on the roster this season.
    Roster thus far:
    Chuck Hayes, Darius Washington, Lonny Baxter, John Lucas, Steve Novak, Hollis Price, Patrick Beilein, Pat Carroll, Chris McCray, Jeremy Richardson, Matt Freije, Antwayne Robinson, Judson Wallace, Mamadou Ndiaye, Matt Haryasz, and Henry Domercant.

Only interest I have here is to see how well Novak handles the NBA 3 point distance and curious to see if Darius Washington shows anything.
    Chris McCray might show some upside,but just don't see anyone making the team outside of Novak and of course Hayes.

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I want to see has D Wash, Antwayne Robinson, and Chris McCray do. Robinson is a late bloomer who is very skilled. He has the perfect size and body for a small forward.

3. TracyMcCrazyeye

awesome. rox will become the summer league champs again! back to back clutch city repeat! :cool:

4. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

5. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

Do you know if any games will be passed on Tv.

6. kegray34

I just read on a site that NBA TV will broadcast some games from this league and another summer league.
    Last season NBA TV showed every game from this league.The only problem was they were aired like 2 days past when they happened.

No tv schedule out yet for this season that I can find.

7. kegray34

Wow.
    $22 bucks to get into the summer league. No wonder the building is always empty.
    I will still pop in for a Rox game for the hell of it. It might a good chance to get some autographs like Roy, Aldridge, Amare will be there for Phx.
    And the much desired Mamadou Ndiaye signature.

Look for me on tv. I will be the guy holding the "WHAT CAN'T MAMADOU" sign in the crowd.

8. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

NBATV might be broadcasting it, they broadcasted 20 games last year in the vegas league.

9. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

looking forward to see how washington does.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I thought I read that every game from this league was supposed to be broadcast. Whether or not they're tape-delayed or not, I have no clue.

11. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

Does anyone know what the word is on Hollis Price? I'm a horns fan and when he played for OU, he was always pretty nasty to us...Is he too small or what?

12. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Let us know if Chuck Hayes has lost that hitch in his jump shot. If he ever develops a non-ugly mid-range jumper, he might get more playing time.

13. McWai

McWai Member

Lonny Baxter is one of the players in our team.
    i hope we could bring him back

14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am interested in Washington, Novak and one or two of the athletic forwards.

Does anyone know if Direct TV has NBA TV?

15. docgundy

docgundy Member

I actually think this is a team worth watching. I know most of the guys on the squad. They're mostly young. You have NBA vets on the team mixed with journeymen, rookies, and people who are still finding their way. I expect another championship. If not, fire Thibodeau.

16. side45wayz

side45wayz Member

nice sign.

17. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

While there is nothing sexy about that roster, I expect us to once again go undefeated. Baxter and Hayes equals summer league domination.

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

If I'm not mistaken, 2 Rockets games will be on NBA TV. I'm not sure which 2 though.

19. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

what if hayes own aldtrige like yao own the dallas front court? :D

20. Jd1

Jd1 Member

I think JVG should give Hayes more minutes next season.