1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League 2015!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Jun 26, 2015.

1. aristophanes34

Yeah... and the ESPN3 release says their coverage starts on the 11th...

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

If you go to watchespn.com they have our game on the upcoming schedule.

3. OpenLayup-Why3?

I have a feeling our guards gonna **** it up. let the big guys down.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Sudden death overtime coming up in Orlando for the championship lol

Edit: Russ smith floater for the win, haha

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

WTF? Box score says that there were 2 overtimes, but no one scored in the first one. So they went to a 2nd OT and it was sudden death?

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Yep, it was hilarious. Fantastic addition to summer league

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Sucks - I don't get ESPN3 in my area. I guess I'm forced to use the watchespn app but that sucks because I can't record it. Ugh - why is Houston the only one getting this treatment?

8. theredbackpack

last year the summer league games were on Comcast Sports, are they gonna be on Root? they're not on the schedule but they could still come on...

9. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

Sorry it has taken so long to respond I am very busy this time of year! I'm out in Vegas now! When I scouted him he was very raw and still is! He is not a SF but is athletic enough to switch on the pick and roll defensively! Offensively he relys on his athletic ability finishing in the paint attacking the rim in the open court! He is fun to watch but I would still consider him a project with very high upside if he could get some holes in his game strengthened! It is all on his work ethic and how bad he wants it now!

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

ESPN3 is not a TV channel, its via internet.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Anyone else get a strong Klay Thompson vibe from Mario Hezonja? He could be special in a few years...

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ahh thanks - was going by a poorly worded press release from DirectTV that made it seem like it was a channel they were offering.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Glen Rice Jr was the MVP of the summer league last year and proceed to lose his job being the bench warmer in the Wiz.

The Kings also won the summer league champ last year also.

Just sayin.

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

What time do the Rockets play?

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

9PM CST

16. OpenLayup-Why3?

Kaminsky reminds me of George Mendez from Orange Is The New Black.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm well aware of Summer League fools gold. I'm also aware that legit all stars first started in summer league too. Hezonja didn't dominate from what I could see(poor shooter), but something about how he played reminded me of Thompson - big guard, a little cocky, not great handles but good enough to slash to the hoop in a straight line, and he works screens very similar to Thompson. He obviously is not the shooter Thompson is/was, but on the other hand he is a better finisher already than Thompson was at that stage in his career.

Orlando has had a ton of young guys come through the system and none of them have really panned out into much so I'm starting to think maybe that team does a poor job coaching their young players but similar to how Thompson found the right fit/system to grow in, if Hezonja gets developed and groomed appropriately, I think he could be a very similar player.

18. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Hasheem "The Dream" Thabeet is on the D-League Select team. Will one of the Rockets take a huge dunk on him while he's napping?

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Does the Fonde center or anywhere else in Houston do Pro-Am Summer League stuff anymore?

Those were always a blast. Seeing Steve Francis, Cat, Perkins, Rashard Lewis, Damon Stoudemire etc etc

20. seeingred

seeingred Member

sorry to beat a dead horse, but to be clear, if you want to watch our game tonight it'll have to be via the internet on ESPN3 which can be found following the watchespn link that was posted above ?

is that right ?