1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suite for last game of Season vs. Hornets? Anybody?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave2000, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

So, after being in hibernation from doing any group or suite gathers the past year and half, last group I did was the home opener last season, I've gotten a season ticket offer thats too good to pass up.

Suite 219
    15 seat suite
    5 parking passes
    food/non alcoholic drinks included

$100/person

Its either going to be a playoff implication/seeding (KEEP HOPE ALIVE) or a game to celebrate the season. I've gotten commitment from Miguel so far and have a few interest from others. If anybody is interested, let me know asap. I have a suite sales rep inform me they can give me the offer till Monday afternoon.

Payment is going to probably be the same, $500 due Monday, with the rest due the 2 weeks before the game, in this case March 31st. If we do this, the first 4 (gotta keep one for myself :) ) to pay gets a parking pass.

Here's the threads from the last 2 I did back in 2007 (4/1 vs. Jazz)

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=126780

and

2008 (3/10 19th game of 22 game winning streak)

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=142300&page=1&pp=20

ask anybody that attended those 2 games, they will all agree, it was EPIC :grin:

if interested shoot me an email asap at

clutchfansgroup@gmail.com

or reply here

1 person likes this.
  2. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

will there be any Power Dancers in the suite? it isn't a Dave2K party without Power Dancers...

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I like to sit with the real fans in the upper deck :cool:

4. Dave2000

Fwiw, a few of them do come in to take pics :)

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think people should attend only if naismith will be there

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Unless you are female, of course.

;)

I might be interested Dave....

DD

7. ShaneBAT-E-AY!

I'm interested... also looking to go to the 3/31 game in San Antonio with a group if anyone's interested in a road trip.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

man Dave, im f'ing down son! (ill give adrian the $100 if you want, or we can meet up somewhere.)

1 person likes this.
  9. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

10. Dave2000

Sweet Mandingo!, so 4 for sure, and 3 maybes so far? Guess ill give it till tomorrow if I can get even close to 15 people.

Btw, hit up adrian ask him bout tomorrow and see if u can make it

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

imagine if you moes and clutch all went the suite wouldnt be big enough to contain all your combined rep! :)

its things like these that made me wish i was in houston or at least within a reasonable driving distance.

12. ShaneBAT-E-AY!

OK, if the Rockets go 9-4 or better over the next 13 games, I'll buy two tickets for sure. I understand that you guys may have already divvied up the remaining tickets by then, but I'll take my chances.

Moreover, I work for a big ticket broker in Austin, and if you take the plunge and put down the $500 deposit, then have trouble finding all 15 people to fill it up, I can help sell any extra suite tickets to recoop the cost of the extras. I hooked Rick from these forums up with some tickets to the Kings game recently, but we buy and sell too.

13. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Hey, put me down for one if you have one extra available. I haven't gone to a live game in I don't know how long -- and I need one. All I'll need to know is the logistics of getting you the payment.

And, if anyone else from the League City/Clear Lake area goes, maybe we can share a ride and parking.

Cool deal! :grin:

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

If the Rockets 4-9 over the next 13 games count me in. :rolleyes:

Seriously this could be the difference between the 11th, 12th or 13th spot.

Win or Lose this has been a better year than I ever anticipated.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'll sneak in Kam in my underwear like last time.

16. Dave2000

right on OMR, same thing I was thinking

some fan he is with the whole "I'll go if they play better" garbage

2 playoffs ago, I had 30+ people that committed to do the group with me before they had a freaking Game 6 vs. the Jazz after they were down 0-2 in the series and to the ones that said "if they win game 3/4" i simply ignored

and since I haven't worked with you before and your putting $300 on me to be liable of, have to pass and give it to someone else thats interested

so far here's the roster

me
    Miguel
    varuscelli
    rocketlaunch + guest
    RowdyRicky
    lurker
    FrancisFan3

so thats 8 so far and I assume I should be able to get 7 more since I have interest from DaDa/NiceRollin/tim562

if anybody else is down, definitely let me know

17. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Looking good, Dave. I'd bet that by sometime Saturday or Sunday the roster ought to be easily filled.

I don't think I've ever been to a "last game of the regular season," and I can't see it being a bad proposition no matter what the situation with the team's record. Should be a heck of a lot of fun.

18. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I shot u an e-mail for 3 tix. Let me know if I'm in and I will get you the money.

19. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

My wife and sister in law are big rockets fans. I would like to share this experience with them. My sister in law has never been to a game. I would totally understand if 3 tix is you wanted to limit the number of tickets per person considering you only have 15 of them.

20. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

What type of food do you get?