1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suggestions for Coffee Shop in the Village?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kilgore Trout, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I will be spending a lot of time in the Rice Village area this summer and am looking for a good coffee shop around there. I have noticed a Starbucks off Kirby but was hoping there might be somewhere better or at least different. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Crossroads Coffee Shop is on University Blvd. right next door to Half Price Books. Way better than Starbuck's. Well, that's true of virtually anything. :D

And if you are in the mood for serious pastry...Croissant Brioche French Bakery and Cafe. Mmmmm...

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

free wifi i believe at that Crossroads Coffee shop also

if u just need a quiet place, Jason's Deli during the dead hours of the day is nice, really laid back nobody to bother u :)

4. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

My fiancee and I used to frequent Crossroads quite a bit, but it seems lately that the quality of their coffee has gone down, it depends on who is behind the counter, certain individuals are better at preparing than others I guess.

Also Crossroads has greapt crepes, the honey-banana and the eggs, bacon, cheese and tomato (sorry forgot the name of it) are tremendous.

Starbucks is what it is, go there sometimes if Crossroads hasn't opened yet.

All in all its a great area and I'm glad to be relocating there in August.

5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Thanks a lot. Crossroads sounds exactly like the kind of place I was looking for.

I will be sure to check out that pastry shop as well. :)