1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suge Knight: shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by drapg, Aug 28, 2005.

1. drapg

drapg Member

Does it constitute news that someone wants him dead? Or is that like proclaiming the earth is round?

Police: Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight shot in leg
    Witness: Shot rang out at party's VIP section
    MIAMI BEACH, Florida (AP) -- Rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight was shot in the leg early Sunday during a party hosted by Grammy-winning hip hop artist Kanye West, police said.

Knight, 40, was hospitalized in good condition, police said. He was shot during a celebrity-studded party at the Shore Club, one of the many celebrations in Miami Beach ahead of the MTV Video Music Awards scheduled Sunday night, said Miami Beach Police Officer Bobby Hernandez.

Sonja Mauro, a guest at the club, said a shot in the party's VIP section rang out shortly before 1 a.m.

"I was in there and I heard a pop and I ran out and got trampled," she said.

People attending the party began screaming and running for the doors, she said.

Celebrities who attended included West, actress Jessica Alba and comedian Eddie Murphy, but it was unclear whether they were still there when the shooting took place.

Knight co-founded the pioneering rap label Death Row Records and hit the charts in the 1990s with West Coast stars including Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur.

Knight was convicted in 1992 of assault and weapons violations and was placed on probation. In 1996, he was jailed for five years for violating probation after he and several associates, including Shakur, were recorded on videotape beating a gang rival at a Las Vegas hotel. Shakur was later shot to death in Las Vegas.

Relatives of slain rapper Notorious B.I.G. have also accused Knight of involvement in B.I.G.'s death, though police have never named Knight as a suspect.

Knight continues to operate his label, now called Tha Row.

Attempts to reach a spokesman for West early Sunday were unsuccessful. A message left with an MTV representative was not immediately returned.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

heads are gonna roll

and his name is not Suge Knight
    per the papers
    he almost always must be refered to as
    Reputed Gangster Marion 'Shug' Knight *grin*

Rocket RIver

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Yes! It's about time someone busted a cap in rap again! It's been too damn boring lately.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Why does this news not surprise me?

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That's so damn wrong, and so DAMN FUNNY!

I'm glad somebody finally did it to Suge.

I think it was Tupac who did it.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The problem is they only shot him in the leg and didn't finish the job. Somebody is gonna turn up dead/missing real soon.

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Is it a bad thing that the first thought that ran through my head when I saw this thread was "good" ??

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

why would you have sympathy for suge knight?

harry potter has spoken.

9. drapg

drapg Member

I'm surprised no one commented on the fact that Jessica Alba (who was at the party) is safe.

Close call!

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This just reaks of a publicity stunt. If someone really wanted the guy dead and they were close enough to pop a cap off at him he'd be dead. The "suspect" was a truly terrible, terrible shot to only hit his leg, or he/she was paid rather handsomely for their time.

11. Zion

Zion Member

"How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"

Idiot should have carried some cyanide pills incase the mission failed.

I doubt suge is stupid enough to let himself get shot for a publicity stunt.

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

When will someone finally get this guy? He was shot at in his car along with Tupac, and Tupac died and he didn't. He is being shot at almost every other week, COME ON IDIOTS!

Never send a boy to do a man's job...

;)

13. JamesC

JamesC Member

It was Diddy. :D

14. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/29/knight.shot.ap/index.html

Police: Witnesses mum in rap mogul's shooting

Monday, August 29, 2005; Posted: 9:59 a.m. EDT (13:59 GMT)

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- When rap mogul Suge Knight was wounded during a party, hundreds of people were in the nightclub. But when police interviewed the guests, most claimed to have seen nothing.

A police report described the man who shot Knight in the leg Saturday at a party held in conjunction with the MTV Video Music Awards as black and wearing a pink shirt.

Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez did not return a call Monday from The Associated Press, but he told The Miami Herald that the investigation was being hampered by witnesses' unwillingness to talk.

"We don't have any physical description. We don't know how many subjects were involved, which is mind-boggling, with all those people around," Hernandez told the newspaper.

The party, hosted by Kanye West, was held at the Shore Club Hotel in Miami Beach.

"It's disturbing that someone can let off six shots in a packed club and can escape without being arrested," said Elliott Wilson, editor in chief of the rap magazine XXL. "The hip-hop community doesn't trust the police to confide info to them, and in turn the police have done little to make us feel like they give a damn about our safety. It's a vicious cycle."

A group of Knight's friends waiting at the hospital Sunday said he was alert and talkative after the shooting. His attorneys told hospital officials not to release any information on his condition, hospital spokeswoman Laurie Oliva said Monday.

Dermot Givens, Knight's attorney in Los Angeles, California, did not return telephone calls Sunday or Monday.

The party was one of the most coveted invitations of the evening. A throng gathered trying to get in, and revelers mingled in the courtyard while celebrities, including Jessica Alba, Eddie Murphy, Paris Hilton, Game and the Black Eyed Peas, were entertained in the VIP room.

Several witnesses said Knight was sitting at a VIP table when a man walked up and opened fire. No one else was injured. Screaming guests fled the party, streaming outside or taking cover in other parts of the hotel.

At the awards ceremony Sunday night, one rap star downplayed the shooting.

"I don't think that what happened was any different than at any other event where you have a lot of people," said David Banner. "It's tragic that it happened and that the media magnified this so much."

The burly Knight, born Marion Knight but nicknamed "Suge" for Sugar Bear, was one of the most powerful and feared music figures of the 1990s. With superstar rappers such as Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre and Tupac Shakur in his stable, plus a horde of Bloods gang members from his native Los Angeles on his payroll, he made millions and enemies in equal abundance.

His fortunes started to slide when Shakur was shot and killed in 1996 while riding in the passenger seat of Knight's car. The shooting took place after the pair stomped a gang rival in a Las Vegas, Nevada, hotel; that attack resulted in Knight being sent to prison for nearly five years for violating parole.

At the time, Knight had been cultivating a feud with Sean Combs' Bad Boy label in a so-called "rap war," and Bad Boy's top artist, the Notorious B.I.G., was gunned down months later in Los Angeles. Relatives of B.I.G. have accused Knight of involvement in that slaying, but police have never named Knight as a suspect.

There have been no arrests in the slayings of Shakur, B.I.G., Run-D.M.C.'s Jam Master Jay or several other rappers who have been shot over the years.

15. wiws316

wiws316 Member

first person i thought of

[​IMG] :D

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Actually it was Tupac AND Biggie. :D

17. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

lol awesome wiws316