1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sugar Land Lifetime Basketball Courts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by l3igballer23, Jul 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

**EDIT**
    They are working to extend the court time to 2 AM. Thanks to everyone who emailed! Looks like it worked at least a little bit. We can stop emailing for now. I will update as to what happens.

I know there are many of us on this board that are members of the Sugar Land Lifetime Fitness. As those of us know, they have been shutting down the basketball courts after midnight recently. The reason for this is supposed fighting and sneaking into the club. However, the onus to stop this type of activity is on the club. They should not penalize paying members. Shutting down the courts in a 24 hour facility is a cop out.

I am asking those of you who care to please write an email voicing your concern to the general manager of the club. His name is Gene Smith and his email address is GSmith1@lifetimefitness.com. The only way they will change their policy is if many of us act.

I know this doesn't affect most of you... sorry if I wasted your time.

#1 l3igballer23, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

You wasted my time, but i forgive you

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The onus should also be upon those playing to police themselves and not fight.

4. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Maybe they are fighting the people that sneak in. Quite the predicament.

5. l3igballer23

Those who fight are supposed to have their membership revoked. This is regularly not the case.

6. David Stern

David Stern Member

I'm a member of that facility And I’ll be the first to say that the management there is crap. They don’t listen to their customers and like you said they regularly cop out. I’ve asked management many times why they don’t have any quality basketballs available for members (most balls are oval shaped, tears, no air, etc…) and they state that nice balls get stolen. What kind of crap response is that? I pay $70/month to have all the amenities provided and those SOBs can provide a ball that bounces correctly? Also, your right, I’m sure I’ll be accused of racism (bring it own; don’t bother me) but there are plenty of people that sneak in that facility…and those non-members tend to be there for basketball purposes only (and black)…Flame on…. anyways, i've given up on playing ball there cause when i get off around 6:30....the two courts are packed and it takes about 1:30 minutes of standing around before you get on the court...

Anyways, I don’t want to derail the thread but the only way you get their attention is by cancelling your membership and stating why.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I assume you are including that in your communication with the folks at LTF. What is their reasoning for not revoking their memberships?

8. l3igballer23

There is no reasoning... They just do not enforce their own rules. BTW, I agree with almost everything said by the commish above.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Midnight basketball prevents gang activity and saves lives. EMAIL SENT!

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gene Smith lol. I had to put my foot up that guys ass before. Good luck with that.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

did you lose a bet?

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What does them being black have to do with anything?

Does Lifetime not ask for a drivers license to check out basketballs?

24 hr fitness often does this, but their excuse is it's done to save energy. Too much used to light a basketball court that's hardly used overnight.

13. l3igballer23

You are supposed to check out balls with your lifetime ID; however, this is yet another policy they do not enforce regularly.

14. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I used to hoop there all the time at past midnight. I loved it..but I stopped going. The evenings are way too crowded also...filled with a bunch of ball hogging high school kids who try to cross people over at half court. I prefer the mornings now. More adults and old people...but they still play tough and unselfish ball. Less people to. In the evenings you have to sign up on a list of about 20 people...horrible. Especially when they have Volleyball taking up the other court! :mad:

15. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

24 hour fitness in Meyerland does this crap.

No one polices the court.

First people would run full court across the entire court. People complained and I understand becuase only 10 people can play at once and you can't shoot around.

Then they ran two full court games on the side hoops and people complained you could not even shoot around

Then people complained becuase no one would let others play so they started a sign in sheet.

Now they close the court at 11 which sucks becuase I like going at an odd hour and shooting around in peace.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cinco Ranch Lifetime Fitness is open 24 hours. ROAD TRIP!!!

17. l3igballer23

What's funny is we actually went there last week after midnight. The staff there was shocked to hear Sugar Land closed their courts at midnight.

#17 l3igballer23, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  18. amazinghappens

Hey bigballer23, I had a similar issue. I say don't even bother contacting Gene Smith dude is a effin prick. I contacted the area manager and he started calling me 2-3 times a day. Here is the district area's info I suggest you guys give him a call or email him, 713-464-1200 (Kyle Bauer) his email information is kbauer@lifetimefitness.com.

I will definitely email him and suggest members act, maybe a petition or something. Let them know we are willing to quit if that a-hole doesn't change this policy.

19. l3igballer23

OK, I have edited the original post with this information.

20. HombreDeHierro

their managers are definitely assholes. I don't know why people put up with their **** and keep coming back...

Let's just say they got me in trouble for something I didn't do.