1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suddenly scared...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treeman, Jul 12, 2000.

1. treeman

treeman Member

OK, I just had a nightmare:
    Cuttino went to Toronto (to replace TMac), Anderson's contract was traded for 1 1st and 1 2nd round pick...

Steve Francis went to the Bulls (who, after 3 seasons of bitter loss had to fight the LA Clippers over rights to even "Approach" Franchise...

Anderson was, as always, a steal.

So Now, it's 2010 AD: Stern has a virtual persona - in his image - and basketball is pretty much the same (tho the scoreboards are a little brighter)

I see Stevie Franchise, Brand, Swift, Martin, etc in these games. I also see Francis dominant in all such games.

One question: is a Stevie-type player the future? Or a Brand-type player? Obviously, these players are extremely rare, And our current roster is just a representation of our current potential. (at least, that what we tell ourselves) So no, we will not be that good soon, but what of those who are? What are they sacrificing to be good now?1?

This is just a crazy thought, but.. What if there was no NBA Commissioner's Office? Anarchy...

But anarchy with a purpose, perhaps?

What is a "shoot-around", if not anarchy under firm control? This IS the only sport that is even capable of that in a geometrical sense. (Basic Western psych removes itself from both Football and 'Futbol'(soccer) - We're left with B-Ball [​IMG]

The Greatest American Sport (since the Stros suck). And I'd like to see papers written in the future on the subject - about how the "unselfish" backcourt of Mobley, Francis, Anderson, and Norris tore new holes in enemy defenses. OK, throw in some other team histories, too, but I really think this one can add to that (Hakeem, Malone, Ryan, etc) tradition.

Long Live B-Ball.

(How many teams, floor capacities, etc)

------------------