1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SUDDENLINK CUSTOMERS] Help get Comcast Sportsnet Houston on Suddenlink!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thadeus, Oct 3, 2012.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Yah, I just read up and realized how awful this is... I cannot get over how stupid this situation is... I haven't missed a game in three seasons, including summer league and preseason... I can't even get excited for the team if I can't watch them!!

2. Convictedstupid

It's incredibly frustrating.

3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

4. k_dub

k_dub New Member

I just registered on this site so I could respond to this thread. :)

I just found out about all of this after looking at the Rockets schedule online. As a Suddenlink customer, I had a basic cable package (I mean, really basic) until just recently. Last yr, I would go to the gym to catch Rockets games on FSH. The ONLY REASON I UPGRADED my cable is so I could watch the Rockets at home and not the gym.

After reading all the posts, I, too, sent an email to Suddenlink. I received this response today:

"We understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, we do not have any updates on if or when the Comcast network would added. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you today."

So it's good that they're aware of this, but like the rest of you, I hope they finally decide to do something about it.

I also sent in a request through the Comcast links others have posted. Here's hoping someone is listening to us Rockets fans! It's ridiculous NOT to have local sports teams coverage!

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

This doesn't sound encouraging.

I'm similar to you ... the only reason I even have cable is so I can watch Houston Rockets games. I spent my first year living here with only 3 local channels. It wasn't until I got sick of going to the bar for all the Rockets games that I even got Suddenlink.

Now, if they're not going to have the games, then they're no reason for me to have Suddenlink at all. I get most of the stuff I watch on the internet anyway.

6. thadeus

Well, looks like I'll be stealing the preseason game at www.thefirstrow.eu tonight. This seems like the first time in a very long while that I haven't been able to watch the preseason on my television.

What a pile of bull****.

7. thadeus

I can't get over the fact that people in Louisiana (presumably not Rockets fans) can watch the games on their TV, but I live less than a hundred miles from Houston in Central Texas and I can't see the games on my TV.

Great job!

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rockets need to get on this because they are currently shutting out thousands of fans across Texas. Is that really going to work out for them? I don't think so.

9. k_dub

k_dub New Member

+1

I live in Huntsville. I could attend games and have in the past, but I usually have to leave work early = me losing money (lost work hours + gas to downtown + parking + ticket price).

10. Htx

Htx New Member

I work for suddenlink... Spoke with someone up there, from my understandings, there are ongoing negotiations between our company and Comcast.

They are discussing package deals or allowing customers to buy the channel al a cart.

Trust me, I'm frustrated as well. Comcast ssuuuuucckkkksssss, thought I left them for good...

11. thadeus

Ugh ... can't I just trade them for Fox Sports Houston? That channel is completely worthless to me now. Why do I have to buy this channel separately, when I don't have a choice with all the other channels?

12. Htx

Htx New Member

Like I stated before, its in the works. So I can't say that it will be al a cart, but it is an option. It really depends on how nasty Comcast wants to get really. I just hope we get it, and get it before season starts.

If you have questions or need info, you can contact me directly.

Brian.Lee@suddenlink.com

2 people like this.
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Thanks for your information, it is encouraging. If you can, please keep us informed in this thread of any developments that you hear. It would be much appreciated.

14. thadeus

Still nothing from Suddenlink. I did another channel scan last night ... no Comcast Sportsnet Houston, no nothing.

Still have worthless FSN though! Hooray!

15. thadeus

Have any other Suddenlink customers heard anything?

16. Convictedstupid

Not a word. Brian, any updates?

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This whole situation is just unacceptable. I'm going to cancel Suddenlink on Monday, and if I can't watch the games, I will probably give up on the Rockets pretty quickly also. It's no fun trying to follow a team that you can't even watch on TV.

18. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I have a chance to jump from Suddenlink to Consolidated up here in Conroe. According to Consolidated's website they have the channel. Only problem is I'll be switching from 10MB Cable internet to 6 MB DSL internet... I don't have great speed as it is now when downloading patches/games. I get 600k-1.5MB/s so not sure if I'd even notice..... But it's the Rockets and dangit we just got Hardin!

19. thadeus

IBTL talked to a Suddenlink representative, apparently.

Might be good news?

20. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Too little too late. Much like i did with DISH a few years ago over FSN I don't like being toyed with.... Figured I wouldn't see much difference with my internet since I don't see the full bandwith of my cable....