1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Succesful post-season if we get blown out in game 4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PJ86, May 23, 2015.

1. JazzLakerHater

We are getting blown out on Monday and I wont be the least bit upset. I've said whatever happened after that Clippers series is just icing on the cake. I've always felt the roster was too flawed to win a title. I think Daryl will make the final move or moves to put us over the top this offseason.

2. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I'd say we go from an A to B if we get swept.

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

If Josh Smith, a guy who barely makes half his free throws, doesn't go insane and hit 4 clutch threes, everyone would call this season a disappointment as we'd get blown out in game 6 against the clippers. Now we made it to the WCF which is great, but is getting swept in a series where let's face it, we were lucky to be in the first place, all that impressive?

I will say I appreciate the fight they showed in games 1 and 2 though.

4. Rox23

Rox23 Member

We didn't win that series so much as the Clippers lost it. They deflated after their game 5 collapse. Without Harden playing like an MVP we don't beat the Pistons in a 7 game series. Plus, many of the role players on this team are either at the end of the line (Terry, Prigs) or on the down-slide (Smith, Brewer) or just plain not playing up to potential (Jones). Ariza is a keeper, yet he too is not getting any younger. Howard's persistent injuries are also a bit worrisome.

5. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

I agree man. I think we are one great player away.

6. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

I don't think we will get blown out in game four but that Daryl will make the moves needed.

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Seriously, the only guys I like on this team long-term are Harden, Howard, Ariza, DMo and Capella. Brewer maybe too. Harden and Howard and a group of D-leaguers would get us to the playoffs but to win a championship, long-term, it will require some personnel changes, that's for sure. All the guys who are good on this team are just too old. With his persistent knee injuries Howard, too, may not be a long term solution for this team. Besides DMo and Harden we have no real talent at the below 28 year-old level.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Success season and postseason with a bitter and disappointing ending

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Warriors are truly great, and have been so all year long. For whatever reason fans seem to think they are frauds because we had success in the past against them. This year isn't last year, there is nothing fake about what the Warriors have done.

Disappointing end, but still a successful postseason. Make some roster adjustments, and know that the expectations are higher moving forward

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say it was a success, but we are quite far from being true contenders. We aren't even close to this GSW team.

Got a lot of work to do in the off season.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

you don't know what mediocrity means, and you don't know what reality is

mediocrity is having Kevin Martin as your best player and ending up 9th seed not losing the WCF

funny you have these stupid expectations for a Franchise that have made it out of the first round twice in 1.5 decades

1 person likes this.
  12. Zergling

Zergling Member

While we hate to admit it, GSW are historically great. Most teams are far away from them when you look at the depth and talent they have. They are absolutely stacked and somehow have avoided the injury bug.

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Yes dude. Don't be an assh***

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Da heck? Proud of this team is different than successful. I am proud of this team for beating the Clippers and beating the Mavs. But to call it a success is a far reach. Success would be winning the title. Getting blown out and swept might kill alot of pride. The Grizz took these guys to 6 games with an injured Conley and Allen. Uhg....

15. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Pelicans offered stronger resistance to GS than we are in the process of doing right now.

1 person likes this.
  16. ibm

ibm Member

successful or not, what's the point?

17. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Beating Mavs is a success but they were without Parsons. Beating Clippers isn't an accomplishment, their PG CP3 is a well known playoff choker who is scared of playing the semi finals and chokes every year in the 1st or 2nd round.

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

So by your logic getting a bronze medal in a race with 30 people is unsuccessful. You might want to change your name to Ricky Bobby.

Division winners, 2nd seed in the west, a stunning and historic comeback against a favored team and an appearance in the WCF when people expected this team to be 8th seed, first round exits (some predicted to not even make the playoffs) = unsuccessful season.

To add: We know Howard is capable of domination in the postseason still. Harden has shed his title of a non performer in the playoffs. Our guys have been together for 1 year now, achieved everything with devastating injuries, and Harden is still entering his prime.

Don't be so narrow minded

1 person likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

We won't get swept esp with a blowout. But even if we lost at game 4 it would be a successful season tainted with a bitter taste of dissapointment that will soon subside. It's def success to reach the WCF.

20. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I had no expectations at all of making the finals this year so I'm satisfied.

Successful enough for me. Just need to make some changes this off season.