1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STUPID THREAD TITLE: jason williams or chris marcus?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by verse, Dec 4, 2001.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

NJRocket:

hmm. i honestly have not considered that. it is entirely possible that he is just THAT good. i guess it never ran through my mind since duke gets like 14 blue chippers every damn year.

:mad:

man532:

:rolleyes:

since when was that "vulgar?"

2. Live

Live Member

Nothing personal, but I just don't see Marcus fitting in very well with the Rocks, especially if they finally start playing the uptempo game they've been promising the past few years.

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

With Taylor coming back & Griffin being groomed, I'd trade the (assuming) #1 pick/Collier/KT to Chicago for their traditional #4 pick/Curry. They're very redundant at center & if Williams is as good as everyone says, then Chicago might eat it up. That would make our long term starting 5:

C: Curry
    PF: Griffin
    SF: T-Mo or Langhi
    SG: Mobley
    PG: Francis

Ahhhhh..........., it's sure nice to dream.

By the way, why do they call it premature? I always thought it was called gettin' mine before she gets her's. :D

4. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Who's ming? hahha

his entire name would be Yao Ming

i've seen dozens of games of this guy playing (chinese league though... kind of like euro style). he's like shawn bradley on wheaties

5. Sane

Sane Member

If guys like Yao Ming know 2 years in advance (yes he did) that they were coming to the NBA and the knock on them was that they needed to get a little more built, why didn't they start building 2 years ago?

How good would this guy be if he worked MOSTLY on lower body strength, and then sometimes on upperbody strength? (Lower so that his body can take the pressure from his height)

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Thank you for changing that thread title.

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

OK, so do we owe Memphis our pick or not? If we do, it's a moot point. We are not bad enough to be in the top 3 of the lottery.

Also, how tall is Williams?