1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stupid things people say about your kid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You sound like a miserable person.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I try to be balanced. I still play ball with my friends. Go out here and there. Try to arrange dinners. Play Halo MCC with them. Life is about having fun. Having kids shouldn't stop that.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Friends? Man. I'm just happy when I can make a trip to Walgreens by myself.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, typically they share the name and gender. In my experience, not sharing (or not wanting to know) the gender gets people even more riled up.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Keep trying, some day you may have a family. In the interim do things you enjoy to distract you from the huge hole that is missing in your soul.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i hope i missed the sarcasm. don't be a self-centered parent who thinks the only path to happiness is through having kids.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's so obvious how jealous he is of suburbanites.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes it was sarcasm. If he doesn't want children, he shouldn't have them.

Suburbanites? I suppose... I have an estate in the country and places in Downtown and Ireland but I do see many a child in the suburbs.

1 person likes this.
  9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Oh interesting. Here about 50% of the people want to know the gender, and most share it. But nobody shares the name of the child. We told our parents the name of our children beforehand, but that is it.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was talking about Ziggy.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And yet you can't even donate $15 to become a contributing member...

Also, just FYI to anyone considering kids: daycare is like $1100+/month. So make sure you don't just have enough money to pay for diapers/clothes/healthcare/food/college savings fund for the baby, but that on top of all of that you can afford an extra $1100/month for daycare.

I don't know how my wife and I will be able to do it, but there's nothing we can do about it now.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do what we did, have your mother in-law move in with you!

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OMG! You have my deepest sympathy, RM95. My significant other's late mother is dead these many years, but was she a pistol. I couldn't have handled it. Now my own late mother was a saint (OK, so she wasn't Catholic - who cares?), but I wouldn't have wanted her living with us, either. Good luck!

And Nook? Is your estate in the country anywhere near my estate in the country? Ain't telling which country my estate's in, however. Depends on the estate, of course. ;-)-

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Considered that actually, but it just doesn't work unfortunately. All of our folks' live too far away and for various reasons could not relocate. We looked at every option.

We'll just have to run a deficit for a while, but that's OK.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's been amazing. It's only for the week since she lives in College Station, so we always get a break. The money we've saved and the bonds she's made with our daughter are worth it. The cleaning is just the cherry on top.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well heck! My mother came up from Houston for a week here and a week there as well, and thank the gods. Sorry - I thought you meant that she moved in. That puts an entirely different light on the situation. Mom was a huge help, and long after those days (and nights!), we remain grateful.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's not here and there. It was nearly every single week from August 2011 until our second one was born in June. She'll be back starting the end of this month until the second one is in school.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Daycare?

No, I didn't have children just to put them in daycare. I am not letting a stranger that does not care about my child, raise them. The only way I would consider daycare would be if there was no other choice.

19. Nook

Nook Member

You are lucky and I am glad you appreciate it.

20. Nook

Nook Member

It is a personal choice...... just one that I really did not want. I spoke to my wife about it a long time before we decided to have children. She agreed that she would stay home and raise our children. They do drive my wife crazy at times, but she does get breaks when my son is in preschool Montessori school 3 hours a day, three to four times a week.