1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stupid things people say about your kid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Set your alarm for 1 min......er, 20 minutes earlier and get busy before you get out of bed. That's about they only way, unless you want to be one of those couples that only do it on weekends.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stuff like this is some of the reasons why I don't have kids.

3. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

****, I still make my 5 year old take a nap when the 2 year old does. Or at least I make him lay in bed and be quiet...he doesn't sleep most of the time.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Nap time? Wtf is that?

The only time my two year old naps is during a car ride longer than 15 minutes. And she always falls asleep a couple of minutes before we get to where we're going. Just in time for her to wake up cranky and with crocodile tears repeating over and over: "Daddy, me can't walk!"

But who am I kidding, I love every minute of it. :grin:

5. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Yeah, they drive you crazy but it's totally worth it. The two year old is spoiled rotten...she demands to be carried everywhere. We know we're not going to have any more, so it's hard to tell her no and stop babying her. One those occasions that I do say no, she gets up close, opens her blue eyes wide, and says "pity pease, daddy...pity pease!" It's impossible to resist!

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I bet you she dresses that kid real slutty too

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ha, I don't blame you after reading this thread. The good definitely outweighs the bad 100 fold.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Terrible twos? Threes? Pshaw! At least you can still manhandle them.

Wait till they're teenagers...

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I always get the "but you'll make a great father!" uh, no. i'm a pushover with kids and i couldn't handle what the majority of you are going through with 3 year olds. I can barely handle two hours with my niece and nephew.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The wife and I are going to start trying very soon, and this thread has scared the **** out of me. Thanks Obama!

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This conversation needed to be had 8 months ago... Now I'm due to be a parent in 4 weeks.

This info would have been useful before I knocked up the wife. Thanks guys.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't think anyone would say having children is easy. In fact it is quite likely the most challenging experience you will ever have, but it is worth it. You change into a grown-up and suddenly you worry about all the things you realized your parents were worried about when they were always on your case. I don't blame people who don't want to have kids. I don't think its selfish. It is your life and you live it however you want, who cares what anyone else thinks.

In my house we have a 12 year old boy (stepson) with severe ADD going through puberty and a 3 year old boy with more energy than a power plant. Totally different worlds.

They're 9 years apart which is really good. I grew up with 2 little brothers who were 18 months apart and they would frequently get into fist fights and hurl cinder blocks at each other over Hot Wheels. My mom had a nervous breakdown while they were toddlers.

The older boy looks out for his little brother, and little dude loves him. They're always bouncing off the walls, but mostly we're just a normal, chaotic family desperately waiting for summer to end and football season to start.

I'm just glad I don't have girls. Part me of me wanted a girl, but I'm a total pushover with girls. I know if I had a little girl I'd spoil her rotten and she'd own me. Plus my wife tells me no way in hell would she want to deal with a pre-teen "b****" in the house. Women seem to be much more territorial than men.

Thats how it is with my wife and our son. He can get away with a lot more with her than with me. The 12 year old on the other hand, she rides his ass nonstop. :grin:

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's funny because after having two girls, I couldn't imagine having a boy. Too rambunctious for this old man.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Amazing how that works. My now 6-yr old would do that every trip...no matter the distance. He'd stay awake the entire trip, only to fall asleep once we took the exit that led to our house...literally 2 minutes from home.

My 6-yr old boy is a very strongheaded and fearless little kid...much different than our 9-yr oild. Plus the 6-yr old could probably beat up the 9 yr old.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just realized that Bobbythegreat might not be interested in a thread about kids; he usually posts in every thread.

We could use this thread title as cover to start a discussion about the Texans in peace.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

fixed that for you

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are they teenagers?
    Cause if not . .. . yours is coming!!

LOL

Rocket River

18. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Guess I shouldn't complain about a 5 month old girl who won't sleep through the night yet? Sounds like I have a ton to look forward to!!

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Oh man I don't miss those nights. Believe me. When it was going on 7 months with the kid waking up 2-3 times in the middle of the night I was in bad shape.

I think it was ima who gave me the best advice on that. Just let them cry it out and learn how to self-soothe. We tried it for one night and it worked like a charm.

After about a week straight with a full night of sleep I felt like I could conquer the world.

20. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

We let her cry for a little before we go in there, and can usually tell if she is truly hungry or not. Right now if we put her to bed around 7 she will wake up anytime between 12-2 for another feeding (and then either at 5 or 7ish).

Luckily she eats and goes right back down, but a 10-12 hour stretch would be awesome!