1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stupid kids on bus harass bus monitor until she cries.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

All I can think is that if I had even thought of treating somebody like that when I was a kid, my Dad would have gone absolutely berserk. Once my wounds healed, I would have been grounded until I was 30.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You really can't stop people from donating. What else can people do to "show up" the harrassment besides sending cash to represent your presense? 100,000 people can't physicaly go over to scold the kids and revamp the school district behavorial guidelines. Just can only hope people put money towards worthy causes.

STILL - I think this isnt that atypical of juvenile behavior, its standard junior high brattiness. I think the monitor should have had thicker skin.

Isn't that what a monitor is supposed to prevent MORE of? I suppose monitors are watching for the well being of the kids keeping them out of harms way, more of trying to discipline them, but if you see the generic job description

If a school security guard male or female gets picked on and gets all sensitive on the job, they'd be called soft and deemed unfit.

It really is nice that people still care for the welfare of others. It'd be worse if people didnt help at all. The little people of the world need help, though focus needs to be on the SOURCE of the issue of how to get kids to have more respect.

3. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

Seriously, why do some people always have to "hate"?!

Are you really trying to make this lady out to be a villain?

She handled a pretty ugly situation better than anyone could expect. Most of us have already chimed in how we would handle those bratty kids in a much more corporal manner. She didn't seek out fame, but because of Youtube and social media, fame found her.

She works a pretty anonymous and thankless job, so if people want to donate and send her on a trip, then be let them do it and be happy for a person who's finally catching a break. Yeah, a lot of other people could use help, including people here, but don't feel like you need to tear this lady down to make that point.

End rant.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Totally right. A lot of CEO's get huge golden parachute's for failing at their jobs as well. It's the American way. We shouldn't hate.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Just keeping it real? It saddens me that people like you exist.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lots of "woe is me" haters in this thread. Pathetic.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's the one worry in the whole situation, I've seen other causes and been a part of causes where alot of money went to upper level personnel and never reached the cause (or only a very small amount).

I would more so want a punishment for the kids, maybe not expulsion (even in the tasteless bullying act). Even when it comes to bullying, I've seen (and heard kids and even teachers get it worse than the elderly bus monitor (who the school system should've been more involved with) and students were never reprimanded in anyway. Personal opinion, I don't think that's the first time that happens.

I notice to get expelled you have to do some beyond egregious and criminal, or have all sorts of repeat violations to have that happen. YES, there's alot of politicking that goes on behind that, if the kids are the spawn of someone important or has money. Also, it could also be a cause or matter that officials can also take to heart and have student dismissed, even though actual offense may not have been punishable.

So in reality, the students could expulsion, since it is sort of "as we sit fit" deal. I'm conflicted over it, because on the same token I've seen and heard stories of kids getting bullied and hazed (unprovoked) like in Carrie or even those slasher movies where the killer turns out to be a nerd or odd boy/girl , even with eyewitness accounts. Nothing really happened to the students who started situation. I used to get bullied, as well like alot of other kids. IT wasn't like anyone cared, either. It was like you're a big girl, you can take a little ribbing or you can stand up for yourself (even against a group of bigger girls). I see why some kids or even teachers might feel the need to bring a gun or weapon to school.

I still feel terribly sorry for this elderly lady and what she had to endure from the future a##holes of America.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I disagree with you a little on the elderly lady, not having thicker skin. She did not sit there and take it, and did reprimand as would any bus monitor, yet held self-restraint.

Looked at more video and she confirmed that these were on-going incidents (as I figured, like with bullying scenarios). The only thing that I hoped for is to turn in those student's name to the bus driver, principal, and their parents. It might've done something or at least brought some attention to it.