1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Student Loans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Mar 30, 2013.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

what major? 16k per year is way too much for uh. UT is barely 10k per year.

2. New Generation

Scholarships (26k/4years) and Financial Aid really lower the price of each year

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Accounting - Bauer School. Each class she took was about $850 or so.

Actually, thinking about it, it was closer to $24K. She took about 24 total classes at UH.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

My mom only works and doesn't make enough so I get a full ride through college thanks to financial aid. And I get 3k spending money after tuition is paid. It sometimes pays to be poor.

5. rage

rage Member

I don't know when and where you went to school and what your family's financial situation was but getting free ride to college today is not that easy, even if you are top 1%.

Some ex., Maryland, Michigan St, Purdue give out only 3-5 full rides. Minn very little scholarship. Michigan hardly nothing at all. UT Austin gives valedictorians free tuition first year only.

You may get a little more but you have to go to smaller schools.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

UH offered my a full scholarship + a stipend, but I guess that was like 10 years ago. UT also offered me a few grand a semester so I took that instead, but they have really jacked up the rates near the time I was graduating, but my parents covered that. I guess you can thank governor perry.

7. rage

rage Member

UH still offers decent money for top students but like I said, it's a smaller school.