1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Student is given three-year jail sentence for declaring himself an atheist on Facebook in Egypt

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by hlcc, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If the father believes that his son is doing something evil which will result in the entire family going to hell it is perfectly logical to turn him in. The belief in hell can have bad consequences.

1 person likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

One of the few times I agree with you.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No joke. People cannot be ruled by a religion. Especially one that has so many caveats that are up for interpretation. It's not proper law, but mob law. One man may interpret the Quran as saying to cut off the head of someone that leaves the faith, while another says that cutting off the head means teaching the man of Islamic ways. So, when the mob gets together and decides…this happens.

This is why the Bill of Rights is one of the most beautiful creations man has ever drawn up.

I have higher hopes for Muslims that their views become more moderate, they respect freedoms of religion and maintain a peaceful existence like they are fully capable of doing. Same goes for every other religion in the world as this problem exists in pockets of every religion.

If I'm a news station, I do a live interview with people from that region that agree with this punishment and shame them over and over again. Something needs to open their eyes.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya Christianity sucks also. What is your point?

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think all religions are deplorable but as someone who hates them all, I've got to admit Islam is the worst of the worst. **** at least the Jews god was a tyrant who kill millions and toyed with humans like pawns. Very similar to Greek/Roman gods. I could see how people could support an all powerful tyrant.

Christians with Jesus, I'll give him/them credit. He didn't kill anybody or advocate it. The most pacifist of them all. Turn the other check, embraced his enemies who killed him. A skilled carpenter, a noble trade. Fed the poor and cured the ill. The most peaceful who lived it if he was in fact real.

Islam with Mohamed, good grief. This guy kill children, probably has a personal death count of about 800-1000, a literal assassin and torturer of enemies, mass killer, openly robbed and pillaged, actually encouraged it, pirate, slave owner, married a 6 y/o and waited to have sex until she was 9 y/o, a polygamist, married his adopted son's ex, etc.......

If I had to choose one, the Jesus guy ain't so bad LOL!!!

#26 ipaman, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015