1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Strange But TRUE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SmeggySmeg, May 23, 2000.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I was just listening to the Balzers v Lakers game 2 via web radio, it was the balzers commentators and at the end of the game after the press conferences and interviews in change rooms etc, they said Barkley and Quitten met on court and hugged, chatted, smiled, joked around with each other and then walked off the court with arms around shoulders, like mates again.
    I am not making this up, but it appears time does heal all wounds.

Smeg of Hugging

------------------
    CUT Tino
    Isn't it amazing how quickly everyone did a Cat Backflip!!!!!

2. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

Barkley was on TNT's post game show and said that if the two went out for Coke, one wouldn't come back. He also said he is still waiting for an apology and quickly changed the subject. Ernie Johnson initiated the conversation.

------------------

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Making up is great and all, but that still seems like a sort of weak ending. #33 said some real shi**y, classless things about Charles publicly, and to my knowledge, did not apologize publicly. That's not right IMO. #33 is still my least favorite player.

------------------

4. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

They didn't make-up. Charles was on TNT's post game show with Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith and Gary Payton and Ernie asked Charles if he and Scottie could later that night sit down and have a cold coke and Charles said that if they did go out together, only one of them would come back. Then Charles said that he still hasn't received an apology from Scottie. That BS about Charles and Scottie making up is false.

------------------

5. SmeggySmeg

So why did the radio commentators say that they ran into each other on the court post game and chat, hugged etc, I ain't making it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    CUT Tino

6. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

Smeggy,

Barkely himself was on TNT's post game show and said unkind things about Pippen, What you heard on the radio may have been a joke or your imagination.

------------------

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

im sure u are not lying smeggy, they probably were just happy and decided to pull some legs.

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center, from Wake Forets TIM DUNCAN...

8. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

ROckets03,

Read the papers tommorrow. Barkley is not happy with Pippen and Ernie Johnson is lucky he let Barkely change the subject because Barkley was clearly pissed off.

------------------

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I disagree.

SmeggySmeg is the Smeg of lies.

------------------
    Cato is 7 feet tall.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He drinks Fawstuhs.

Fawstuhs... Stralyun fuh lies.

(j/k Mama Mobley [​IMG])

------------------
    ?

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

TNT didn't do a postgame show. They interviewed Payton, the Jet, and Barkley after the game for their thoughts, and that was it. From what SmeggySmeg is saying, the guys on the radio were saying the two were seen together after the press conferences and dressing room interviews, which would have been after TNT had already cut away.

------------------
    "It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's just hilarious."

-Faith No More

12. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Freak,
    Nice sig, I love that song.

Are you a MrBungle fan. You could easily use another Mike Patton line.....

"It's not funny, my ass is on fire"
    --Mr. Bungle

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

13. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

You turned the channell too early. They did a post game show that lasted until about 11:50 PM.

[This message has been edited by Sky Pilot (edited May 23, 2000).]

14. SmeggySmeg

I am dumbfounded and disappointed

------------------
    CUT Tino

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Sky Pilot -- where do you live? I can only think you're quoting Eastern time. 10:50 sounds about right, at which time they switched to Monday Night Raw or whatever on tape delay. I saw Barkley say that bit about him and Pippen going out for a coke, so I know what you're talking about there...but that was right after the game ended. What Smeg is saying sounds entirely possible to me.

SpaceCity -- Would you believe I haven't heard Mr. Bungle...I actually only recently rediscovered FNM. I loved The Real Thing and Angel Dust, but until recently hadn't gotten into their last 2 records. I'd love to hear them someday, I hear they're VERY different. I'm more of a rock-n-roll guy, so I suppose that's what's been holding me back....something tells me they're really good though and I'm being an idiot.

------------------
    "It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's just hilarious."

-Faith No More

16. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

I live in Friendswood but I am temporarily stationed in Scottsdale. It is a shame that they didn't show the Charles post game show in Houston. The post game show lasted until 11:50 Houston time.

------------------

17. SmeggySmeg

Just thought i should bring this thread back up to the top of the board seeing I posted the scoop and no one believed me until it was in the USA today and someone post it under the topic of "Pippen apologizes to Barkley" nearly 24 hours later than my original post.

So now it's my chance to gloat and berate those who doubted me, I clearly heard it on the radio, but alas I was treated like the boy who cried wolf.

So, for all the Clowns you didn't believe me I would just like to say nah, nah, nah, I was right, you were wrong, and you can stick a bottle of fosters up your date and rotate and I will accept all your apologies for accusing me of lying. [​IMG]

Isn't it ironic this nearly and exact repeat of the Mall Kid experience when Steve Francis was signed last season.

[​IMG]

Smeg of Truth

------------------
    CUT Tino

18. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I still don't believe you [​IMG]

------------------
    You just want to be on the side thats winning.

19. SmeggySmeg

I don't believe you either

------------------
    CUT Tino

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I don't believe you either.

------------------
    ?