1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stormy Weather: p*rn star sues the president

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Mar 6, 2018.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Washington Post story. I assume some negative Amazon news will be coming from the President this week.

Amiga likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A storm's a cumin baby.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Trump’s entire base says that they do not care about the Stormy thing.

Why does Trump and his administration have to continue to lie about it then?

It seems like they did not want this information revealed in October and November of 2016.

Are they going to lie and deny all the way until 2020?

adoo likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. Lies are inescapably and truth are not possible in trump world.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, a "nuisance payment"

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I can't keep up with all these threads...

Just let me know when Rudy finds his "precious".

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. NewRoxFan

Still find it interesting that a p*rn star's attorney appears to be wiping the floor with the attorney for the president of the United States...

JeffB, mdrowe00, KingCheetah and 5 others like this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The troll is strong in this one.

justtxyank likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Michael Avenatti is going to get so rich.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think that at this point we can assume Mr. Avenatti is getting paid by some arm of the Democratic Party.

A book deal is certainly also in the works.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've been thinking something like that too. The way Avenatti goes at it, it looks like he is trying to do more than just maximize value for Stormy Daniels. He's plugged in on the politics going on here and seems intent on doing his part to blow up the Trump Admin. Either he saw an opportunity and approached Daniels, or someone in the know (Mueller???) put them together. I have lots of respect for Daniels' courage in taking this ride, but find it harder and harder to believe that she just so happened to select this guy and and this is the plan they came up with to wiggle out of an NDA. I am surprised that we haven't really seen anyone go after Avenatti, his motivations, who is paying his bills, and so on.

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is amazing how much Trump is exposed by his own financial history and shady dealings. All it would take is someone, anyone, tugging on a financial thread for the whole Trump world scheme to begin to unravel. This has to be Trump's worst nightmare, having someone backed by the legal authority of the courts rummaging through his finances and those of the fixer, Cohen. David Cay Johnston has long stated Trump was an easy mark for precisely these reasons.

Nippystix and B-Bob like this.
  14. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

So, the uni-party Soros-paid lawyer that you guys are so in awe of, leaked the banking details of at least two wrong Michael Cohens. And now the Treasury IG is investigating.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a trap to root out leakers. Someone in the deep state is likely pretty nervous right now.

BASTA.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/09/avenatti-michael-cohen-israel/

Avenatti Accuses The Wrong Michael Cohens Of Making ‘Fraudulent’ Payments

2:14 PM 05/09/2018

Michael Avenatti, p*rn star Stormy Daniels’ lawyer, released a seven-page dossier on Tuesday containing a list of payments purportedly made to Michael Cohen, the lawyer for President Donald Trump.

But there is one problem with the document: two of the allegedly “fraudulent” payments were made to men named Michael Cohen who have no affiliation with Trump.

Avenatti’s report includes a section listing “possible fraudulent and illegal financial transactions” involving Trump’s lawyer. One of the payments is a $4,250 wire transfer from a Malaysian company, Actuarial Partners, to a bank in Toronto.

The other is a $980 transfer from a Kenyan bank to Bank Hapoalim — the largest bank in Israel.

Zainal Kassim, a representative for Actuarial Partners, told The Daily Caller News Foundation Avenatti’s report is a case of mistaken identity. He forwarded an email the falsely accused Michael Cohen sent to Avenatti requesting the lawyer “correct this error forthwith and make it known publicly” there is no connection to Trump’s Michael Cohen.

“You are surely aware of the fact that this is an extremely common name and would request that you take care before involving innocent parries in this sordid affair,” wrote Cohen, who told Avenatti he is an international consultant who was paid by Actuarial Partners for work on a project in Tanzania.

“Actuarial Partners have already received inquiries from the press in this regard, and we would like to see this scurrilous rumour spiked as soon as possible.”

Haaretz, the Israeli news outlet, found another case of mistaken identity in Avenatti’s report.

“Mr. Cohen received one wire transfer in the amount of $980.00 from a Kenyan bank from account holders Netanel Cohen and Stav Hayun to an account in Israel at Bank Hapoalim,” Avenatti wrote.

Haaretz caught up with Netanel Cohen, who acknowledged having a bank account in Kenya and transferring money to a Michael Cohen. But the Michael Cohen in questions is his brother, Netanel told the news outlet. And his brother is not Trump’s lawyer.

“I’ve never heard of Michael Cohen, and I have no connection to this affair,” Netanel told Haaretz.

It is unclear how Avenatti obtained the financial records cited in his report. But various news outlets, including The New York Times, also appear to have viewed the documents. The Treasury Department’s office of the inspector general opened an investigation into whether someone leaked Cohen’s financial documents to Avenatti and the press, it was reported on Wednesday.

It remains a mystery how the financial records of a completely separate Michael Cohen would have ended up in the tranche of documents provided to Avenatti.

Other transfers tied to Michael Cohen, the Trump lawyer, actually did occur. Several companies, including AT&T, Novartis and Columbus Nova, a firm linked to Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg, acknowledged paying Cohen’s company, Essential Consultants.

Cohen used that firm to route a $130,000 payment to Daniels in October 2016. Daniels, who claims she had an affair with Trump in 2006, is suing Cohen and the president to get out of a non-disclosure agreement she signed in exchange for the money.

15. NewRoxFan

Cool... I think a full investigation of the entire matter is warranted. A public full investigation. And seeing trump's tax returns to ensure those millions companies paid to get "knowledge of the incoming administration" didn't end up in trump's pockets.

What say you Aces?

16. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

If the President is indicted for a crime I'm sure his tax returns will be examined thoroughly. But he's under no obligation to reveal his tax returns to prove himself innocent in the court of public opinion of slanderous allegations from the left.

17. NewRoxFan

Is Michael Cohen’s Essential Consultants L.L.C. a Slush Fund for Donald Trump?
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-...ush-fund-for-donald-trump?mbid=social_twitter

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the Avennatti came into this pretty narrowly focused on Stormys case but has found that the more he can troll Trump and his mob crew to talk, the more they dig themselves into a hole. He seems pretty intent on pushing this as far as it can go.

However there is no way that Stormy is paying him for all his time. I suspect most of it if not all is probono. These past 6 months have done more to market himself that if he paid millions to put his face on the side of every building in Times Square. The more he can show the world that he can troll the president of the US into a legal nightmare, the more people will pay anything to hire him in the future.

Maybe there is some shadow DNC funding or The Boogeyman George Soros is paying him but I really doubt the DNC or liberals want their names attached to using a p*rn star just to investigate Donald Trump. They were already skipping the intermediary and investigating him directly regardless.

I also think the DNC and it’s donors care more about pumping their money into primary races. You can make this presidents legal nightmares 10x greater with control of the House. 20x greater if you control the Senate.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Nice attempt at a dodge ("Remember the 5 D's of dodgeball: Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge."). A few facts to keep in mind... trump is the first president since Nixon to not release his tax returns. Despite a number of claims he would. And don't you think its trump's responsibility and best interest to prove to the American people that he is not a crook. Instead, like Nixon (funny how many times Nixon's name gets mentioned when talking about trump), he blusters out "I am not a (colluding) crook". Which as history showed, was not the truth with Nixon. It seems Americans deserve to know the truth from this president.

And "slanderous" allegations? Which slanderous allegations are you referring to this time? AT&T, Novartis, Columbus Nova and now it appears a fourth huge corporation have admitted to payola top trump's personal lawyer for highly questionable reasons. Are you accusing those four companies of slander?

Lastly, you were the one that brought up investigation. I am simply agreeing... this does need to be investigated, fully. And publicly. I know Mueller has been investigating. Happy?

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This. If he wants to maximize future earnings, he would also be wise to avoid DNC/Soros money at this point, even if such were stupidly offered up.

Nook and conquistador#11 like this.