1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Storming the embassy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 31, 2019.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Hundreds of americans should be allowed to be murdered so as not to escalate things with Iran? How many should die before we can act? Thousands?

BigDog63 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I will not answer that BS straw man. Such a disingenuous attempt so you can think you are owning a lib. Had Obama did this you would be way more outraged than any liberal is right now. You have no credibility around here and everyone knows you are full of it.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saddam was a bad dude too. That whole thing worked out well.

What could go wrong?

4. tallanvor

Not a strawman.
    You are arguing we shouldn't kill this terrorist who has killed over 600 americans out of fear of angering the bad guys. If he killed a thousand would you support killing him? Ten thousand? What's the number?

Obama would of bombed a wedding instead or given him pallets of money.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  5. HTM

HTM Member

You’re an idiot if you think this incident will start a war.

You keep indicating that all over the board.

Who is going to war? Where is it being fought and what nature is it taking?

TheresTheDagger and BigDog63 like this.
  6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

If you ask Iran, they've been at war. Strongly condemning Iran's hostile actions clearly is not deterring them from continuing. I'm sure there will be a reaction but it will be measured and hopefully dealt with an appropriate response. A full blown war would be over in a month.

7. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

That is a known unknown.

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

An amazingly appropriate analogy...daring us to do something is EXACTLY what they've been doing.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Where?

If you know...you shouldn't be posting here, but rather working in the State Department. I suspect it will be a rash of harsh words, with likely a *decrease* in Iran's sponsoring of attacks on Americans. Your problem with that is... ???

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It's a fair question. Your lack of an answer is telling.

11. dobro1229

Good lord. Are people really this behind on Iran/Iraq?

The US fights proxy wars all the time. The US didn’t decide to assassinate the #2 at the Kremlin during the early days in Vietnam. Being a bit over the top in that analogy but it is to prove a point about proxy’s and just attacking a powerful adversary head on in an escalation that Trump started when he violated the nuclear agreement and sanctioned them into violent aggression via proxies.

Point being... this is actually a huge escalation typically reserved for a straight up war. It doesn’t matter if Trumpers think we are at war, because tonight the Iranians think we are war. Either they’ll cower and try to make peace with the US out of fear we’ll bomb the crap out of them, or they attack back. I do seriously hope the Trumpers are right and the Iranians are shaking in fear of the almighty Trump. I sure as hell don’t want the thousands of Americans in harms way overseas to get attacked, but it seems as though Trumps cult is willing to go there because apparently they have been outraged about Hezbollah and Shia militia attacks for so long they forgot to mention it once before today.

Where will the war be... well if I had to guess it would be right back in Iraq where we’ll have to retake Baghdad again since the Iraq government has been signaling that relationship might be over and wouldn’t be shocked if you see a steady stream of troop deployments back to Iraq and forces have to move into Baghdad again.

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. dobro1229

F that. I don’t answer patronizing questions. How freaking dare you assholes try and accuse me of somehow being okay with American soldiers getting killed by Shia Militias. By brother is in the military over there right now your f$cking POS.

There’s a big difference in understanding you have to navigate enemies forces when you are stationed in the Middle East and straight up declaring war with a foreign power. This patronizing is disgusting even for cult Trump supporters.

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Iran absolutely 100% without a shred of a doubt does NOT want to start a war with the United States.

They have shown repeatedly that they DO want to tread that line as close as they can, without crossing it.

This was, therefore, a strong indication to them that they should back the *#%! off. A message they almost certainly received. If you're Iran...what do you gain from escalation at this point?

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, the tone was wrong, but the question was fair. Nobody said you were ok with it...but if hundreds of people dying over there isn't sufficient to justify some retaliation, particularly if that's also what will likely reduce further attacks...then what is? What line would they have to actually cross?

15. Nook

Nook Member

Applauding escalating tensions between Iran and the USA is foolish and short sighted. We saw it with Iraq and Afghanistan in the recent past. Everyone loses.

rocketsjudoka, superfob and Ottomaton like this.
  16. dobro1229

It is exactly what you were and Tallv were implying. Your question was not cute. It wasn’t a sneaky troll attempt to own a lib. It’s patronizing and low even for a Trump troll. I owe you no answer to a question like that.

You want an answer to the question of when to go to war... just look at history. Don’t look to me to answer that. Do your own F-ing homework.

17. HTM

HTM Member

You indicated a war was going to be started. Now you are saying it’s the escalation of a proxy war that’s already on going? Get your story straight. I can’t decipher your unhinged reactionary comments. I take them at face value.

The manner of your posting indicated you think a full blown war between the United States and Iran is about to commence. Which is not going to happen. It’s absurd to posit it.

You didn’t say this would start a “proxy war” you said it would start a war.

Proxy conflicts between the U.S. and U.S. Allies and Iran are already ongoing and have been for years. Will this escalate those? Maybe. I guess we will see.

#77 HTM, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    TheresTheDagger and Astrodome like this.
  18. dobro1229

You obviously didn’t read what I said. Proxy wars are nothing new. What is new is this level of provocation that is essentially an act of war. I don’t know how my story can be more straight.

I hope you are right that it’ll be treated as a ho hum business as usual tit for tat. Based on everything I know, the response won’t be just small militia embassy attacks. I guess we just have to wait and see, but I hope like hell I am overreacting but everything I know about Iran tells me this is going to take us down a military path that we won’t be able to get out of like any other proxy war we get ourselves involved in regularly.

19. tallanvor

Iran's top military commander being responsible for hundreds of american deaths is not an act of war, but killing him is. Got it.

TheresTheDagger, Astrodome and BamBam like this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So what? A bunch of people voted for it.