1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Storm Riders Thread (Who's staying put)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LonghornFan, Sep 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

I am the 4th poster from 77055. Its good to know there are alot of clutchfans nearby.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

heart of third ward here... 77004. area that i'm on is relatively high compared to the local surrounding area, so flooding most likely won't be an issue. got the non-perishables from an off-the-beaten-path fiesta (where i spent 2 hrs after work)

anyhow, i'd rather be hanging out with the techno twins in brussels than being stuck indoors for a couple of days.

3. HombreDeHierro

is that the one near robertson stadium?

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

the fiesta? no. it was located on wayside.
    my home? yes. it's one minute driving distance.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

You'll be good... my grandma went through Alicia in a house built in the 1880's or so right next to you in 77009.

She called us as the eye passed right over her house. She said, "It was crazy, now it's calm." Later she called back and said, "It's crazy again!"

We were in L.A. on a business trip... came home and nothing major happened to her house. Our house in Lake Jackson has major tree damage, but no real house damage...

But then, that one went in, IIRC more east...

6. astros148

astros148 Member

ill be playing football ate tomm afternoon in some tropical storm winds . Cant wait to expierence the cat1 winds.

7. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

anyone here in the 77856 zip code? (seabrook/kemah) riding it out?
    my parents havent decided if they are leaving or not... havent boarded up the windows either. sucks im off at school, doubt my dad will be able to board up the 6'x6' windows on the 2nd floor.

8. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

oops thats supposed to be 77586

9. IROC it

20 second mark :D
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHNRCPVNWH8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHNRCPVNWH8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

the bars were surprisingly more crowded than i anticipated tonight... let's do this!

11. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Behad here, logging in from the ol' pollution producer on the ship channel. Just got into work, got my bag full of clothes and three days worth of food. I brought my video camera, hoping I can get some shots of the ship channel as the storm moves thru. (Unless this building gets too shaky, then I'm going to the control room.)

I'll check in from time to time, let y'all know what it looks like right here on the front lines.

12. IROC it

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UTKGvvafFeM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UTKGvvafFeM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. tigereye

tigereye Member

Trust me, I would if I could, but I can't.

The top spot is reserved for Ron Artest. I don't want him going all "ghetto" on my a*s cause his power isn't resorted yet.

So my list goes like this.

1. Ron Artest
    2. Daryl Morey - I can't let the lack of electricity stop him from making deals to improve the team.
    3. Clutchfans

Hopefully, you'll understand..... ;)

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I hope none of you storm riders are riding it out in G-Town.

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Angleton TX 77515

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I'm thinking of a certain weatherman pic right now and chuckling as I read your post. :)

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

77096. Going to stay with my girl and have some friends coming over. Have plenty of stuff to get through the storm. Didn't board up anything and am hoping my sattelite doesn't become a flying object

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Do they have streaming video of Houston news stations online, like KTRK, KHOU or KPRC?

I remember there was a link for something similar to the New Orleans television stations when Gustav was nearby.

I'm an out of towner who wants to keep track of the storm locally.

Thanks.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

my sisters house is so g d boring.

one tv has has cable, not sure if the computer is working. i think it is, and i rather use theirs instead of a laptop.

20. lpbman

lpbman Member

Dairy Ashford and Memorial, with a year's supply of pudding and crossing me fingers.