1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop trying to trade Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Feb 20, 2010.

1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I found this chart to be a little misleading. First of all that Nash season is a complete anomaly. Those are his numbers in a strike shortened season and not close to any of his other career numbers. Second the 2000 minute criteria the past year is a bit odd. If anything you should be comparing stats of players in their second year as a starter or third year in the league whichever you think is fair. Lastly Kyle Lowry has the same true shooting percentage as AB has this yr. I'm not saying I think that AB should be traded but I don't think the stats you used are the best indicator of why he should or shouldn't be. In my personal opinion 42% for a starting scoring pg is a lilttle too low for me but he does make up for it with great three point shooting. Time will tell if he is the right fit when Yao comes back

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Like Landry, I really root for Aaron Brooks, I really do.

What Aaron does well, he does really well.

What Aaron does badly, he does very badly.

I don't want to add to the knee-jerkiness after a loss---another game thrown away!

We can say that Aaron is having to pick up a lot of slack out there, to be sure, with Lowry out; but it was painful watching Good Aaron turn into Bad Aaron. Throwing the ball away. Playing poor defense (not entirely his fault).

We'll see how this team meshes, but I wouldn't be stunned if Kyle Lowry winds up the starting point guard.....(dramatic pause)....at least until we trade for Ricky Rubio. ;)