1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop trying to trade Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

"Lack of Understanding." Awesome.

It is because his window was closing that you don't give up on your young talent. Young talent that had already been a key piece to winning two titles.

Can't we just agree to disagree?

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would say they're about even. Brooks faces better defenders and has been asked to control the ball in much more difficult, high-pressure situations, which is where most of his bad passes seem to come from. Even if Lowry is better at it--which I think is not clear at all--it's not enough to make up for his lack of threat from the outside and that he is not good in a half court offense.

3. choujie

choujie Member

That would be nice. But it will have to depend on the market though. If a team offers Lowry 5mil, are Rockets gonna match?

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Here's a scenario that happens far too often:

Brooks penetrates into the lane, the defense collapses on him, and he jumps. He has no idea where his teammates are, and he throws up a prayer.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And it is unclear if Yao will be anymore either.

Same thing Lowry does, only he jumps INTO the defense, sometimes it is called, sometimes not.

DD

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Might be a little low, but remember how crowded the free agent market is this year, and how timid GMs will be with the new CBA coming up... I think every player (except LeBron/Wade) is going to get paid less than he is expecting/hoping.

7. choujie

choujie Member

I agree they are about even. AB fits for the current starting lineup better. But I really like the Yao/Scola/Ariza/Martin/Lowry lineup in the future. That really has not much to do with who's better, rather who fits better.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In other words, you know that Lowry is a better decision maker than Brooks and you're trying to make excuses for Brooks.

9. DaDakota

No you are a crusading Zealot because you try to manipulate stats to make it seem that Lowry is a better fit.

Yet, you ignore several factors when looking at ONLY statistics.

It is ok, Lowry is a nice player, a borderline starter, the difference is that Brooks is a borderline all star.....

You don't trade the borderline all star so the borderline starter can play.

DD

1 person likes this.
  10. choujie

choujie Member

That part I agree. It will depend on Yao's play. If Yao can't play like he used to do, it might be time to rebuild.

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

4 years @ 3.5 million K. lowry
    4 years @ 3.5 million Scola

:)

12. DaDakota

Horse crap !

You have been trying to get Lowry to start for your beloved Yao for a long time, you were part of the Wronicon group...come on...fess up.

And I agree with you about Yao, I hope he does come back leaner, and more fit...but next year I doubt he plays more than 24 minutes a game.

DD

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Brooks typically does this because he is expected to be the number one option when the shot clock or game clock is winding down. The officials do not give players foul calls in these situations.

That's not at all what I said, so don't put words in my mouth.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yao will be an all-star level player unless his injuries are so severe that he is forced to retire.

First of all, Lowry is a far better finisher than Brooks. And secondly, you're right that sometimes those fouls aren't called, but in that instance, its Lowry's goal to get the defender to foul him. It's the ref's job to make the call. I can't fault Lowry for successfully achieving his goal.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Lowry was expected to be the number one option at the buzzer he would do the same thing as Brooks, and he wouldn't get the call either.

16. DaDakota

Yep, Lowry is better at getting the calls, but they don't always give him the call either.

At the end of the day, Brooks is just a better player....

DD

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Although to be fair, there is one thing that Lowry is much better than Brooks at. He is better at drawing the foul, and not because he creates more contact--because he flops better.

So there you go. Kyle Lowry is the best flopper of our two point guards.

18. DaDakota

No doubt about it, the skill to exagerate a call is necessary in today's NBA and Lowry is very good at it.

DD

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That doesn't change the fact he's unable to make the pass due to his poor court vision.

It's a corollary of what you said.

20. choujie

choujie Member

I have been in favor of Lowry starting for a long time when Yao was healthy, only that part is true.

But I also have been in favor of AB starting for current Rockets team from beginning of this season, you can check my posts.

I'll be in favor of Yao/Scola/Ariza/Martin/Lowry than Yao/Scola/Ariza/Marin/AB in the future more than likely, you can mart this down too.

It all depends on the make up of the team, man. It's not about AB/Lowry who's a better player, but who could have a bigger impact for a particular lineup.