1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop trying to trade Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Feb 20, 2010.

1. trugoy

trugoy Member

err, what, have you seen brooks shooting %?

2. choujie

choujie Member

I like Yao/Scola/Ariza/Martin/Lowry line up better than Yao/Scola/Ariza/Martin/AB.

We'd have enough offense in Yao/Scola/Martin with better defense, better team play, better rebounding as a whole. Withoutu Landry, AB is the one who can provie much needed offense for the bench.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, and if you consider the % of those that are 3pt shots and his true FG % it is pretty darned good.

There is a lot more depth to understanding the game of basketball than simply looking at FG%.

DD

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Exactly, look at the table I posted in the OP. His effective field goal percentage (which adjusts for the value of the three point shot) is very good.

I also think he is still learning his mid-range game. As he improves his stop-and-pop jump shot his overall FG% will go up a lot.

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Okay you make a fair point about us at times overrating Lowry, but future All-star in Brooks :rolleyes:, man talk about overrating a guy!!

Don't get me wrong Brooks is a good starting point guard, but I seriously doubt he'll ever make the all-star team, with the Current and Future all-star guards such as Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon, Brandon Roy, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Kobe Bryant, etc....SMH

--RB

6. DaDakota

It boggles the mind that folks think Lowry is a better starter.

If you improve the team by adding a true SG, then why degrade the PG position too?

AB will benefit just as much as KL out of KMart being here, and is more of a threat to score the ball.

Lowry gets so overated here because he gets to play against the 2nd units of the NBA, or comes in running when other players are tired.

He is not a starter, couldn't even be one in Memphis....Brooks is a borderline all star.

It just seems like pure ignorance to me.

DD

1 person likes this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

He will get his chance. He was already on the bubble this year due to all the injuries, and he will only improve in the future.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So Nash is only relevant when he's used to make Brooks look better?

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Exactly, I agree completely... like I said, I love Lowry as a spark off the bench and for the energy he brings, but he is not a starting PG. It makes me wonder whether these guys have even watched him in a half-court situation.

1 person likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

He is relevant, I'm just pointing out that there's no chance of us getting him. The players we actually have a chance of picking up in a trade are not even point guards.

11. tested911

tested911 Member

Stop pretending that Aaron Brooks will NOT be traded.

He will be part of a package deal to Toronto.. And it will be fine with 95% of the folks on this board.

1. AB is well loved on this board because he is carrying this team at the moment.
    2. With Yao, Kevin Martin, Chris Bosh (Hypothetical), Trevor, Budinger. How many attempts do you think AB will have? Let me help you with this answer... He will have significantly LESS.
    3. Morey has an ability to find players Draft,D-League,Trade to fill in holes which we will have at the backup PG slot once AB leaves.
    4. We will not offer AB the kind of money he is asking for if we were somehow to get Bosh ...

1 person likes this.
  12. choujie

choujie Member

At this moment, the only thing AB does better than Lowry is scoring. You simply can't name anything else Ab is better at.

Lowry has played against 1st unit in 4th quarter numerous times this season already, with Ab playing SG, and that proved to be our best lineup.

Now Martin is a better SG than AB, I don't see why Lowry can't run the team better once Yao comes back instead of Hayes in the middle. It's not like Lowry is a scoring liability, his TS% isn't that much worse than Ab because his ability to draw fouls, but his all around game is something AB could never do.

Prepare to eat "happily crow once" more next year,DD.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Oh, and who will play PG in this magical scenario? Please refer to mine and DD's posts before you open your mouth to say "Lowry".

Also, can I have a turn with the crystal ball you seem to have about us getting Bosh?

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If Yao is in the lineup, Brooks isn't a suitable starting pg for the Rockets. Yao needs a well-timed and well-thrown ball, and Brooks lacks height and court vision.

15. towW

towW Member

Lowry does fit pretty good as a starter but think about the shooting we will need when Yao bangs down low. AB can fire at a very high consistent clip. I'd like AB taking the majority of minutes.

Every time I see a kick out I know AB is going knock it down. That is what Yao is all about. He is a dominant post threat but he is also a smart C who passes out for the open shot.

Think about Alston why did he have so many open shots that he failed to hit?

16. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

LAWLLLLZZZ!!!......Derrick Rose is younger than Brooks.... I would never compare the two of them just because you can not argue from a development standpoint just because Rose is the younger player who has a muuucccchhhh higher ceiling in this league than anyone on our current roster. I would do a Brooks for Rose trade in a heartbeat, the kids 20 and his efficient field goal % is already that high...... He's the highest scorer in that group you showed... sorry but in a couple years when both those young guys are developed Brooks will have to work his butt of so that Rose doesn't make him look like a rookie in a match-up, look at what Rose did to Rondo as a rookie (offensively of course, his defense was horrible) and Rondo is an allstar. There are obviously reasons each one of those guards in the list are allstars and brooks was watching the game with his parents.

17. DaDakota

Lowry will be resigned as a BACKUP PG....he will not get starters money, nor will he earn it.

As a restricted free agent, expect him to be in the 2-3 million a year range.....

A lot of people here severly overvalue Lowry, it is the backup QB scenario, only the NBA version of it.

Kyle Rosenfels !

If you listen to announcers and coaches around the NBA, they all rave about Aaron Brooks.....and how hard he is to play against because of his speed.

He very well could be traded, but only because he is the BETTER player and other teams know it too.

Too bad the light of BBall IQ does not shine as bright on everyone on this BBS.

;)

DD

18. choujie

choujie Member

Every time you see a kick out you know AB is going knock it down, except you'll see much lees kick out from Yao because Ab's inability to get him the ball.

There is only one ball, With Yao/Scola/Marein all shooting a higher TS% than AB, AB's role as a scorer won't be that much needed as it is now. Lowry can get those efficient scorers more easy shots than AB, which is good for the team, and his overall game will help Rockets more than AB.

19. tested911

tested911 Member

Go get your own crystal Ball...

My predictions before the season started..

We were going to try and get Amare or Bosh @ the trade deadline or in the mega off-season bonanza.

I said Landry would be traded before Scola only because we won't tie up that kind of money for a undersized PF.. Scola we can through some money at because he's a legit backup PF.

AB is going to be a great trade asset because it's his time to shine since we don't have Yao,Artest,T-mac..

I prefer Artest over Ariza because Ariza has been a horrible FG% shooter for his whole damn career.

We are needing a backup Center and hopefully we can get someone.

Don't be blind because off your man crush on AB... It's duly noted that AB get deserves it but his role will be reduced when we have higher FG% shooters on this team. FG% means a lot.

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I remember people saying that when we traded Cassell and Horry for Sir Charles...