1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop the hateful tweets to our own players, "Rocket" fans...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rocketfanatic2

My guess is that the OP is saying that anyone who would post that to Lowry isn't a true Rockets fan. In this instance "Rocket" is in quotations because the OP is saying that you can't claim to be a fan if you tweet something like that to Kyle.

2. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Then wouldn't fans be quoted instead...

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wouldnt do something like that because i don't feel as if they're trying to lose and we all make mistakes, consistently, even when we try really hard.....

BUT, i think this is a case were fans are more upset over this than the player himself. I think Lowry knows he's going to get hate tweets via twitter. If he doesn't like it he can just delete it or shorten his followers. He's grown up. If he wants to receive them, take them, reply to them, whatvr, then let him. I dont think he's taking this too seriously just because he's replying here and there. Players have a lot of down time, especially when they're away and maybe that's how he wants to use his time.

All fans should take a second to think about what they're complaining about. I think sometimes we think NBA players can make every shot or win every game simply because they're "professionals", but that doesnt mean they're perfect.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It was a bad shot, and I had the same reaction as you at the time. However, up to that point, I felt that Kyle Lowry was the player of the game. Wins have been hard to come by this year, so let him enjoy it.

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I'm just thanking you is all.

6. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I'm not the biggest Lowry fan and I question his conditioning, but he was awesome today.

7. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

i agree - i definitely overreacted.

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

You are right, if the Rockets lost this thread would not exist. They Rockets have been so frustrating to watch. When we lost to the Bobcats I tweeted Scola telling him to come out more focused and make his free throws. And if you have been shooting free throws for your whole life and been making them, it is a lack of focus that is making you miss them.

I understand your frustration and I'm sure Kyle and the whole team has been getting haterade tweets lately. But it is their choice to get a twitter where everyone can follow and it is our right to express our opinions.

You just got shafted that he retweeted both of your tweets lol.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That last shot wasn't even a bad one. He just missed. He created a good amount of space with a good step-back move, and it was within his range. I know he's not a great shooter, but that wasn't a bad shot.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I didn't get a chance to see the game yet, but didn't Lowry hit a big three just before that? Perhaps he felt he had it going?

11. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

twitter is the place between twat and shltter, avoid it. it makes people more stupid especially if you follow athletes.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There was a switch, and Scola had Westbrook guarding him in the paint. Lowry, for whatever reason, hesitated to get him the ball, and then when Scola cleared out Lowry drove and took a step-back FT-line jumper. That's a shot he should be able to make, and has been able to make in the past, but his jump shot is off this year. It ended up being way short.

Its interesting how our leading scorer was no where to be found on the play ...

13. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

i dont think adelman drew up that last play as kyle taking a contested step-back 18fter. hes a terrible shooter, but great passer and hustle/energy guy. he shoulda taken it to the rack or given it to scola

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Or it amused him... not on the same scale because I don't get paid what Lowry does, but I've gotten "constructive criticism" from people who listen to the podcasts I work on and to be honest when it "hater" comments it gave me a good laugh

I'd imagine kyle is just getting a giggle, if guys giggle, and thought he'd share the craziness.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Finally, somebody with credibility has spoken the truth. Kyle was tremendous for us tonight. Haters are losers.

16. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

this you?

@lscola4 Come out more focused next time. Make your freakin free throws and have some fire when you "play defense". Ya'll are horrible.
    8:35 PM Nov 26th via web

wasn't exactly the nicest tweet to a player if it was

17. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

exactly. there was a window for a good post-up, but kyle decided to play hero. he was terrible the last 90 secs - clutch time, when the rockets have disappeared all year.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah we giggle. Like little school girls. What's wrong with you?

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Imagine if Tweets were available during the 1994 Finals, Game 7 and john Starks had an account.

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lmfao. the guy who tweeted to lowry's a friend of mine. good stuff, clutchfans.