1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop the hateful tweets to our own players, "Rocket" fans...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Its not like AB walked up to him, slapped him in the face and and Lowry had bad D, letting some randoms on tweeter piss you off = lol.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

[​IMG]

3. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

This guy doesn't even know how to use proper capitalization...how the hell did he become valedictorian?

jk

4. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

As a pro athlete or celebrity, you're going to face criticism from opposing fans and even your own fans.

Glad Lowry called this guy out, but it kind of makes it seem like it's bothering Lowry if he's bringing it up. The last thing you want is your point guard's mental game getting messed up because of a tweet (it's extreme). He's certainly not the most popular NBA tweeter, but he's still got to let these things go. He may be just wanting to start conversation on twitter with his followers or whatever, but this is at least the second time he has expressed something about haters on twitter.

I can't imagine what LeBron reads when he reads the tweets to him.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Hey, he showed up in the thread. Pretty ballsy.

Big ups to you, and good job on scheming your way to first in your class.

6. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

dude, why is everyone making a big deal out of this? kyle even said he appreciates the hate. i feel that. hater's gonna hate. let them. if you got 10 haters today, look for getting 20 by the end of the month. :cool:

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Good point.. Lowry has always seemed like the tough guy on the team, both mentally and physically. It would be a shame if he really is letting the haters get to him. Who knows, he might just wanna show his fans that its not always easy being a player..

8. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

lmfao!!

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I wish you could .gif your facebook pictures cause this would definitely be mine...hilarious.

10. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

It's one thing to receive hate, it's another thing when it's obviously your fans supplying most of it directly to a twitter account.

I don't know, I think it would be human nature to feel unwanted by a fanbase when you receive hate mail from fans after a win after playing your tail off...

just an idea

11. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

thanks bro, appreciate the love.

12. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

The great thing about twitter is you cant clear anything up. We all got to see what you tweeted to kyle. It is what it is. Kyle is a professional athlete. He's a competitor. He's not thinking about percentages when hes on the floor. Hes just trying to win.

Like kyle, Id actually like to thank you for fueling the fire.

13. Htown's2kFinest

Bet that's DD's secret twitter account to bash Lowry whenever he can, jock ride Brooks all day...

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He is when he's standing next to Yao Ming.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

All he has to do is un-follow them. You can't send a direct message to someone who is not following you.

16. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

i thought the exact same thing when i saw this today..

[​IMG]

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kyle Lowry was arguably the best player on the floor today. I strongly question your love of the Rockets.

18. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I felt like that was a pretty bad shot too. If we would have lost, the reaction here would definitely been pretty bad towards Lowry. That said, this is why I don't twitter. And if I did, this is why I would never use my real name.

Also, no one has pointed this out about the thread title but why the hell is Rocket in quotes. ROFL FAIL.

Stop the hateful tweets to our own players, "Rocket" :confused: fans...

19. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Don't worry about the haters tweets. But yeah if you're real Rockets fan, which I assume they are because both of their twitter pictures are the Rockets logo...you shouldn't be sending hateful or even critical messages to players at anytime. It is the management and Adelman's job to be critical of these guys. This is OUR team. Don't be an *******.

To solve this problem, Andre Johnson will be visiting the homes of people who send hateful tweets to Lowry and giving them a beating far worse than the one he gave Finnegan today.

20. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

wait what? you all got to see what i tweeted because kyle RTed it. i understand he's a professional athlete and that im just a fan who hasnt played at that level. that being said, u cant pretend that was a good shot. when you play basketball, you dont think about whats a good shot and whats not? he had scola on a mismatch in the post - which im pretty sure was what was drawn up. lowrys good, but its plays like that which prevent him from becoming great. and this isnt a first time occurrence from kyle. had we lost, this thread wouldnt exist.