1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Did he say what he's buying? I saw an article on cnbc that he was buying tmobile...but the article cut off because of paywall.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

TMUS, RGA, and GD were 3 of the ones he mentioned. Can't remember if there were others.

whag00 likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

not the most exciting stock, ho hum, but meets all my criteria for an Aug 5 ERS bull run

also, the next X-Div date will be Jul 22

[​IMG]

#10863 adoo, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  4. whag00

The Aetna/ managed care part should be okay but Walgreens reported a couple weeks ago and said foot traffic was down in part because of a decline in doctor and hospital visits. CVS May have the same issue.

5. adoo

adoo Member

thanks for the nuance

i haven't started a position yet; will wait until after X-Div, then will play the ERS run.
    i will apply this "buy on the rumor sell just before the ERS news"

this home-builder has been a winner for me, the Jul 17 60 strike CALL turned out to be a 2-bagger​

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

In 25 years what retail is going to be in a good spot? Gas stations should see less traffic eventually because of EV’s. Clothing stores less traffic but never completely disappear. I think new grocery stores that are built will have a smaller footprint with increased delivery every year.

I don’t know how Amazon and other will effect CVS and Walgreens though. I believe other retail is going to begin having medical facilities in their buildings too.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember loving the original Fisker Karma before that company flopped and was sold off to Chinese investors. That company renamed itself into Karma Automotive and is selling some sweet-looking cars. I haven't been keeping up with what this edition of Fisker is doing. I think Henrik Fisker is still behind this one, though (?)

KingCheetah likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Those first cars were utter garbage, but they looked cool -- kind of a 21st century Vector.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, that's precisely why I loved the car. It looked like an evolved Aston Martin or something.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Where's @CXbby ? He's late.

saitou and Bandwagoner like this.
  12. adoo

adoo Member

if i post nkla's chart, he'll join in the discussion

[​IMG]
    fwiw
    my 5-pt credit spreads, Jul expiration, that work for me
    • nkla, aal 2 times, tsla, ddog, msft
    on the other end of the spectrum, these didn't work out
    • BA, SE

#10872 adoo, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  13. whag00

mission accomplished

14. adoo

adoo Member

yip, the 3rd wave (the pop after a flag formation) has come to fruition,
    still holding on ABT Sep 95 CALL for more gains in the 3rd wave

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Amazon has pillpack. I think the long term dream is Alexa will be your teledoc and prescribe/send you your meds. But I'm not sure either, there's a reason y Amazon is looking to get into brick and mortar. Not all customer habits will convert to online delivery.

CVS is just so convenient, as a consumer I hope it stays.

Have you looked into auto parts chains? Seen quite a few reports that they've been doing well and in a product category that Amazon struggles to penetrate due to expert knowledge required to get the right part, and zero delivery time.

16. whag00

I’ll give CVS credit they saw the writing on the wall and are definitely evolving. Minute clinic, Aetna, y mas, health hub, etc. Walgreens is just sort of stuck in the mud.

Good point about auto part stores. There seems to be an autozone popping up at every corner. Looks to be a good play on people holding on to their cars a little longer. And it’s nice to be able to talk to a knowledgeable employee.

Sajan and saitou like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The first time I went into a Amazon books I definitely laughed out loud.

Yeah for the first time ever I have a little of GPC.

saitou likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’ve said my piece. I’ll be back at <$10. These extra shares should drive down borrow costs so that I can actually short the shares instead of buying these expensive ass puts though.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If anyone is following or interested in the vaccine side of investing/gambling, the Lancet is going to be publishing Phase 1 data from the AstraZeneca/Oxford University entry into the coronavirus vaccine race on Monday. There are many who think that not only is this combo ahead of the Modernas, Pfizers, etc., but they themselves believe they're months ahead of others. The news on Monday with AZN could be a market-mover, but will probably be a stock mover for sure :

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...mounts-as-investors-await-oxford-vaccine-data
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...id-19-vaccine-is-the-coronavirus-front-runner

CCity Zero and Kim like this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good call, fallen. I appreciate that.