1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Thoughts on amazon going forward?

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

CCity Zero and donkeypunch like this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

RIOT stocks and similar are moving, it has been following btc craze, I am just moving contracts but these crypto mining related stocks are seeing interesting volumes as btc date approaches, and it's a little safer than getting btc stuck on a shady exg. I don't have a PT on the stock, but it has been moving, Obviously not financial advice and I'll probably be fully cashed out way ahead but just mentioning. If you try it be careful and definitely watch it. Very much news like move/hopes, but I'll play along while I make money

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Bought BYND on the dip yesterday and sold today, too early... AGAIN
    Oops, wrong thread

7. thegary

I’m gonna try to hold it long term...

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On RIOT? I'm thinking about continuing to move contracts, I expect the news/hype to continue. But just didn't want anyone to jump in etc. and forget it. I think long term it could work

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man BYND, haha, I really missed out there, hopefully you got some decent profit

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm watching DBX, I expect it to increase next week, this is based on a bit of speculation so still looking at it

And of course if looking for small cap trash, SHIP, haha

Definitely don't just jump in on either though w/o DD

#9890 CCity Zero, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I was gonna post this. Always thought Hydrology was very interesting.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I typically won't play Amazon because of the cost, and since it's so high the % increase is not likely to go up a lot at one time vs the smaller stocks, obviously once it inevitably splits it'll probably be easier to buy-in and see easier % gains. I mean if you invest and forget it, I'm sure it'll make money, short-term I'd think it'll dip some from the gains during Corona assuming the other businesses open up and can create small competition, if bad news happens, Amazon could easily gain more sooner.

But, long long-term I don't see it being bad, it's probably going to move, split and move more. The thing is though at 1 share for $2375 and it being up, it'll probably fall in short term if businesses open, obviously amazon is still a mammoth and I'm not betting against it, but @ 2375 a share, I'd probably be more likely to double my profits off options plays or smaller stocks working up from Corona lows.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember oxbow lakes from jr. high, I think, but didn't even notice the graphic was showing the formation of one. :D

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, everything is going up. This is scary but ... fun.

Sajan likes this.
  15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I got in on Amazon at around $967. I just wish I would have put more in it at the time because it's only gained 145%.

I also think BABA is getting an unfair shake. It's funny because, if you look at the target estimate for it, it's well over a $1000 a share. I'm hoping that it's going to take off one day. I'm in it for the long.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've already posted screenshots of my Amazon sadness, but I did get in on BABA right after their IPO and bought more when it dipped back down under $90 later. I don't foresee myself selling that stock anytime soon, but ya never know. Why do you think it's getting an unfair shake? It almost tripled before all the trade wars and the COVID garbage. As long as they can recover from those 2 things, they'll be alright.

RKREBORN likes this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Mainly, all the bad vibes from the trade war like you said. BABA stock hasn't really done sh_t in 3 years. It's just hovering. Meanwhile, their business is expanding outside of China and taking off.

18. thegary

I’m selling off today as much as I can. Gonna reposition after a dip...

19. thegary

i think BABA is A buy...

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I really enjoy the times trash plays pay money, forget DD, just buy into trash and it'll work out... As long as it's not JCP - That's worse than trash though.

On a more serious note, still sucks to see another bankruptcy - jobs/stores gone etc. Not that they've really been relevant but not good to see, especially as competition falls off from other stores closing.