1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man on MVIS I screwed up bad, haha I owned it at 0.278. I sold on quick gain after getting impatient. Glad some of you got real money out of it

Sajan likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

love the chart

already in the 175 CALL for july; sold some may 8 180/175 put spread for $2

if u like MSFT's chart, u'd also like CRM's.
    only difference is that,
    while MSFT had its ERS last wk, CRM's on Tue, 2 Jun. CRM has ~ 3+ wk of earnings run left.​

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Awesome man, thanks for the heads up. I will check it out. MSFT has been great.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I bought the stock on the way down. Benioff is on CNBC/Mad Money right now pimping work.com.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Sold TSLA today, will buy it back.
    Will buy GOOGL at next dip.
    AMZN also a buy.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice move on that. I don't know wth I was thinking. Like I'm aware of CRM and actually use their services..... I don't know if it's the stay at home thing or what. I'm just off lately, Sure I'm going up on my trades but unfortunately not capitalizing.... Oh well, at least the markets been interesting, hahah

Anyway, really great move

adoo likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Eh, I bought it a bit too early back in March and then bought it back on the way back up, so I'm probably just breaking even. lol. Can't believe that thing went down to $120 or something.

The way everybody keeps talking, we may be getting another chance to buy low. :D

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

last yr, CRM bought the co Tableau, whose product is reaping benefits from the COVID19 crisis.

according to Benioff, NY / CA have been adapting / applying it to track the spread of COVID19 cases, locate availability of PPEs and etc. https://www.tableau.com/covid-19-coronavirus-data-resources

#9828 adoo, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

this stay-at-home play was not in my radar.
    anyone in it?

[​IMG]

#9830 adoo, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

Where are all the OIl trolls at now? It's sad and hilarious what the media and investment banks did to oil. They ran non stop stories about how oil storage was gone when in reality according to government figures we're only 10% above 3-year averages. They got retail investors to sell 4 billion dollars worth of futures oil at under 15 dollars. They sold into hedge funds as everyone thought oil was negative again LOL. Retail investors got nailed in the head. Bought high and sold low. Same Goldman Sachs that was running bear articles all day about storage completely did a 180 after USO sold all their future contracts for June. Luckily the smart money bought huge at <15. @Senator

My USL calls are already up 120% since I posted. Trump will soon announce oil bailout and will pump WTI before a great exit point. Noobs will buy again at 26-28 and then will get dumped again mid-month while smart money starts cashing out.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Like I said you have big balls. (that was the only comment I had about the situation lol)

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Did you buy? They just blew out their earnings.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice, I was considering calls, should be good. I was seeing some unusual option calls, someone probably did great.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice man, I hope you bank huge. I have some calls on some, nothing exciting yet but looking better.

I didn't like USO a lot but it's certainly been nice after the RS/contracts/change up - stock really took off % wise, I was honestly hoping a small dip after RS for some puts I had, but you had a lot more riding on oil play so I'm glad it's working for you.

What are all the oil plays you're still holding? I bet after that USO RS your % Increase has been amazing on it. The only one I'd play more careful on is USO longterm, I just don't like that one vs other etfs or true oil companies.

Anyway I hope you kill it, I messed up on calls today. Nothing major just hurt, unfortunately had work come up and got on a work call that lasted a few hours. Portfolio took a nice hit. Fortunately it's fixable. Didn't do something really crazy like unwatched spy roulette etc

16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I did. Not sure I will hold for long though...

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've been seeing the name on CNBC for the past couple of days. Their CEO is about to get interviewed on Mad Money in the next few minutes.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I bought a small spec position on it. I'll probably sell tomorrow pre-market as I still don't know much about their actual business model.

19. Senator

Senator Member

You bought $80k of USO while it was crashing because you didn't understand what a futures contract was. This is what was disturbing to me. You're still down on that one HUGE and convinced other noobies to buy into it before it crashed further. It was done because you had no idea USO was not related to the spot price of oil - and luckily you still got bailed out when the Fed changed it to 12 months worth of contracts. Even with all this help, it's still 20% of what it was at the beginning of the year.

Kind of sad you are patting yourself on the back for a cover up with USL... the obvious industry wide move. Take accountability for your gaff and move on.

#9839 Senator, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  20. astros123

astros123 Member

I never bought 80k worth of USO. Link me to where I said that? Are you r****ded? You're nothing less of a world-class troll and your theory on oil was a failure. Also, me stating that I was getting into a position does not mean I just jump all in. What moron would invest 6 figures without laddering themselves in?

WTF are you talking about the Fed changing it to 12 months? The fed is helping out with the commercial lending facility. The mainstream media and all the news stations that are paid for by hedge funds convinced everyone that there was no storage all along while I argued the opposite. People like you fell for the doomsday.

I'm not going to sit here and post all my positions to a bunch of strangers online but I have no reason to lie. This is half of my options contract for USL with just one broker (i trade with 4 in total). I'm here to make a ton of money and by taking moderate risk with safe long term assets. I don't care if you believe me or not.

https://i.ibb.co/wWDkbcH/Screenshot-20200506-053512-Chrome.jpg

Also anyone who invests 6 figures + on positions isn't stupid. They're not going to buy a stock without buying put options out of the money for 20-30% to minimize their downside. The premiums that are being paid right now in the options market is insane. You can make 4x on puts right now with just a 15% change.

[​IMG]

#9840 astros123, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    The Real Shady and CCity Zero like this.