1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So it's very similar to my explanation up above but

For vxx https://robinhood.com/stocks/VXX like the volume fell out. And I think with the government moves its probably going to be really similar to today, so if it's a lot of money maybe exit / reenter as volume changes. I'm just worried with the way futures is acting and government making moves this could head down.

So it's really a gamble, after you get out of these I think ETFs play a little easier or just stocks etc. Unfortunately these ETNs I personally don't Iike, but here's an example of gambling when it goes great on an ETN https://markets.businessinsider.com...urn-coronavirus-oil-markets-2020-3-1028989430

Even if this turns out to be fabricated etc it kind of gives you an idea, as he even admits the luck it took.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm definitely not the best on ETN trading, so just trying to help as much as I can. And sorry to hear this. Basically even decent traders sometimes avoid these and just go for more controlled shorts/even etfs

RKREBORN likes this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Great insight as always, thanks man. This was definitely a learning experience for me.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I will try to look at premarket inthe morning, again I'm not the best at these ETNs, but will try to help in any way I can. Really sorry to hear how this went, and definitely not trying to tell anyone what to do.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

#8926 CCity Zero, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What sw/site were you doing this on? It's definitely fun to learn and practice, especially when testing stuff isn't losing you money for investing.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This sounds really good. I think I'd Like a TD account for my real long plays. I Might play with some of the pre-market stuff there but I think having longs secured there sounds better, probably less likely to do trades if setup like that

jsingles likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow, very nice find, I think this could be a nice buy in soonish. Haha, I've even considered watching cruises and Disney - I personally don't really like cruises but I think they will rebound nicely too.

At this point I'm really watching Apple and am curious to see how things look after the stimulus.(assuming it dips again after the short bump) it'll be a good for just about everything.

On a side note, I'm really surprised on Waitr running again too..

11. astros123

astros123 Member

Yeah, I work part-time at united and now we're talking about 90% reductions. Even with a bailout from the government, the airline will have no revenue. I was told that at the moment United is burning through 45 million dollars a day...eek. I didn't realize how bad it was until I went to work yesterday and saw first hand.

Alot of people are talking about how the stimulus package will boost up stocks but what nobody is talking about is how Americans will be able to take money out of their 401ks without penalty after the bill passes. I see a lot of people cashing their savings account to make ends meet. Everyone should be short on the market Thursday. I don't think Americans are prepared to see the unemployment numbers that they will see.

I still think anyone not shorting LATAM is making a huge mistake. I would wait for a pump then put some major put options as there is no way in hell they get a bailout from the Chilean government after the recent protests. The company is bleeding money and has an awful debt/equity ration. The airline might go bankrupt within the next 3 months. The airline will get nationalized by the government once it goes bankrupt.

saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  12. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I think the time to buy is when this thread is on page 2 and people hate it and have given up ;)

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

DAVE BUSTERS (PLAY) up to 14? kill me..

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I was busy watching some other stocks, and saw that pop up, wow... Just insane

Like their avg volume is 5 million a day (including run ups) , and today they're at 5 million today... I'm not getting in but pretty wild. Like I expect it to be artificial, but just crazy to see

15. astros123

astros123 Member

This is time to sell into these crazy pumps. After unemployment numbers are released we will see a major major selloff.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh, haha, I didn't mean not getting in at all, just not into d&b (play) since I missed the 50%

17. astros123

astros123 Member

This is nothing but a dead cat bounce. I suspect tomorrow will be a little higher as well and then we'll see a major correction going into the weekend. I know ill be selling my portfolio tomorrow and will rebuy at 20% discount on Friday.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  18. adoo

adoo Member

The Federal Reserve Goes All In, https://moneyweek.com/investments/s...oes-all-out-in-the-battle-against-coronavirus, what ever (liquidity) it takes, as it launches unprecedented credit support.

don't fight the Fed

what is your source of that "insider buying" info

btw,

my play is on the affordable luxury SBUX;​

sold a 65/60 put spread to help finance a LEAP 75 call calendar play

#8938 adoo, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/csv/insider-activity

Bought some underlying between $14-$15 as well to hold.

#8939 saitou, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I’ve back read a bit .

any advice for a new investor ? I have some liquidity and would like to put some in while the market it down

any advice on which service / platform to use ?