1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely!! Hahah, I've heard some wonderful stories and then some reallllllly bad ones... Thanks again!

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Perfect storm with Corona panic to drive the market down lower this week.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Bought one share of AAPL the other day with the $285 USD in my RRSP. Ha ha...

Seriously, though, I have been buying into various things every couple of days for the past week and a half. Everything is on sale. It might drop further, I guess... who knows... but "buy when the blood is in the streets." It is definitely bloody out there.

noscrusir likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Uhhhhhh......

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Stock market is starting to look very good to me!

desihooper, saitou and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stocks go down, stocks go down. Never a miscommunication.

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Bought puts on DB, HSBC and Banc of Cali last week in expectation of more rate cuts; got lucky as it seems bank stocks are down even further than the rest of the market today cos of oil prices - wasn't expecting that. Now wondering if I should wait for the next rate cut or close them while they're ITM; not sure if the next rate cut has already been priced in.

Banc of Cali is particularly interesting to me - based on Dec filings, 96% of their income comes from interest income, net interest margin was already low at 3%, ROA/ROE were anemic, and they had a higher than average net charge-off rate. With latest .5% cut and potentially more to come it should be tough for the biz.

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm not saying this is the bottom, but anybody with cash on the side than can buy in over the next couple weeks is probably going to make out pretty well in the long run.

Hakeemtheking, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Inovio is KILLING ME!

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

LOL that stock is blowing hard..

I bought 2k shares of AYTU this morning at .98 and sold it all at $2.86 a few hours later. Then watched it tank. It was painstaking because the damn stock was halted like 50 times today. Now it is soaring in AH.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I buy the index funds in my IRA myself. Always have. Seems straight forward enough. And I've always had a company 401k. Over the years I have purchased a few stocks in an investment account. This is a lulz question, but, can I (and is it a good idea to) buy those same IRA (and other) index funds through the non-retirement investment account?

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn man, very nice move. I think you made a great call. I think a lot of these could be safest as daytrades for now. I mean with how rapid the news changes.

davidio840 likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah man, that callout caused that to crater, hopefully someone can prop it up and you can get in at a nice exit point. I mean unless they release something different on the vaccine, it's been crazy watching some of these med/research stocks. There's high risk/reward for sure on these

RKREBORN likes this.
  16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Damn nice. What made you go with AYTU in the first place?

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

It had crazy volume pre-market and the news (also pre-market) came out they had an a U.S. exclusive distribution agreement for the Covid-19 test kits. It is a stock that will likely gain more, but I had to take profits because so many of these "Covid-19 pharma stocks" are so volatile by the hour.

RKREBORN likes this.
  18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Great job man

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice, is there any site you prefer to use over others to see premarket volume like this? I mean I saw the news on the vaccine but got caught up and unfortunately didn't make the trade...

Also, absolutely agree with you, this market for vaccines is absolutely best treated with daytrading (as discussed previously). Unless you really feel confident that something else might happen down the line (ie research breakthrough for other major diseases that are always a concern), but I think the short runs 2-400% will all be daytrades probably if regarding coronavirus for now (at least what I'm thinking), especially with good points on last page for past concerns on viruses.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'm going to buy 10% on my 401K.

Things getting under control in China, the epicenter of the virus.